Upstate NY Babies
Options

PTing Day 1: Big Fat Fail

I was expecting a lot of accidents, but I was kind of hoping he'd get it just one time. It didn't even phase him when he was standing there peeing. I have been trying to stay optimistic, but DH was getting grumpy and mopey by the end of the day, and I really didn't feel like dealing with 2 little boys, so I caved and put Ian in a pull-up, then a diaper. Part of me is secretly hoping that he does have a sinus infection so I can put it all on hold for a few more weeks. I'm a pathetically bad mommy.

Re: PTing Day 1: Big Fat Fail

• Options
    I think the holidays can be a hard time to try new things with a lot of kids.  There is just so much going on, new toys, people they don't see often, decor changing around them...  The last thing they want is to have to change the way they pee on top of it all.  I wouldn't beat yourself up over it and wait a few more weeks when the holiday hoopla has completely faded away.
  • Options
    sorry it didn't go better. try again tomorrow if you're feeling up to it.. He will start to get it.
    Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry things didn't go as well as you had hoped.  Hopefully if you stick with it for a few more days he will start to catch on.  You definitely aren't a bad mommy and try not to feel guilty if you do end up putting things on hold for a while.  Maybe he just isn't ready yet?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You are NOT a bad mommy! He just might not be ready yet, and that is no big deal. Don't stress it ... go low key with it while you're home this weekend but if it doesn't happen right now that doesn't say anything about the type of parent you are! It definitely needs to be a positive experience for ALL of you for it to work. Hang in there!!!!!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We tried plenty of times before really committing.  I was pregnant with #2 so I never really gave it my all.. and then DH worked on it while I was in the hospital!  All kids are diff too, and if anything it gets the ball rolling, so he can be thinking about it.  Do you have a rewards system or anything set up?  My DD also loved the DVD ""Potty Power", I can lend/send it to you if you want/
  • Options

I don't really know much about it, but I will say good luck!

My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    oh good luck!  My own sinus infection cut our PT short this week.  Day one was not easy and no fun at all; I totally understand how it would be worse with a DH hanging around making comments...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"