Secondary IF

Ladies that have taken Femara

Can anyone tell me about Femara, DH and I are taking a break from the injectables and we were suppose to be taking a break from meds all together, but I am starting to freak out a bit and think I want a little bit of help.  About a year ago I was put on Clomid with my OB and it worked, but the pregnancy ended in a m/c.  I was thinking jof trying an IUI with Clomid, but we have seen my lining go up and down, so I am thinking the RE is not going to put me back on that.  I would appreciate any experience that anyone has.

Also, how long do you stay newbie status?

FYI- I posted a few times, but I changed my advatar today :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers DoriBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ladies that have taken Femara

• I got pregnant with my first son right away (first month trying), so we didn't need any assistance as far as fertility methods/medications go.  When we were trying for my second son, we were only with my RE for 2 months.  We started on Femara for month #1 and month #2 we got pregnant.  There were little to no side effects (I took the pill at night) and I only took it from CD 3-7.  We used OPKs to determine when I would ovulate as well as being monitored by my RE.

I was also told that the risk of multiples is less than 1%.  For me, it didn't over- stimulate my ovaries to the point that I had a tons and tons of mature follicles. 

Good luck!

Wyatt 3.21.07 Grant 8.29.09 Ross 9.21.11 Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know who you are!!!!Wink
  • Loading the player...
  • You are a newbie until you get 500 posts!
  • hi, i took clomid for one cycle but had a bad reaction (heavy bleeding, poor lining) so we did femara for 2 cycles. my lining was much better and i didn't have any bleeding like i did on clomid. And i had the same amount of follies, (3 big ones, a couple little ones.) I thought it was good. Our issue is something else though, so until we fix that, i don't think anything is going to work for me.

good luck! 

• DD1 is a Femara baby.  I refused clomid but begged for Femara since there are so many differences -- better lining and lower risk of multiples being two of them, but also fewer side effects (which I would have dealt with had I thought the med was a good one but I didn't in clomid's case!) and after researching I decided that Femara worked in a more natural way, and didn't have a lifetime max...although still definitely a drug. ;)

Clomid

Femara

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • DS is a clomid baby. we got pregnant on our 3rd cycle (1st with RE).

the new baby is a femara baby. we tried for 2 cycles with RE on clomid and switched to femara because my lining was borderline. worked the first time. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"