February 2011 Moms
Options

due date

every time i go in for an ultrasound, they say the baby is measuring ahead.

due date #1  feb. 16

2nd ultrasound edd feb 13

3rd ultrasound edd feb 11

mondays ultrasound edd feb 8

is this happening to anyone else?

imageimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: due date

• Options
    My baby has measured ahead at every ultrasound as well. However, just because your baby is growing ahead does not mean it is developing ahead.  It simply means that you might have a larger than average baby.  While I measure ahead, my doctor does not change my due date, as I was charting when I conceived, and I am certain of my actual due date.  I had a growth ultrasound yesterday that put my baby in the 75th percentile, growing 2-3 weeks ahead.  This just means he will be a bigger baby, not that he is ready to come out any sooner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yes this happened to me:

Due Date #1 Feb 14th (based on 6 week ultrasound)

2nd Ultrasound at 10 weeks: Due Date Feb 13th

2nd Ultrasound at 12 weeks: Due Date: Feb 12th

3rd Ultrasound at 18 weeks: Due Date: Feb 5th

They looked at all these dates and said because they were later on in my pregnancy they didn't make a difference and the earliest ultrasound is more accurate so they kept it at Feb 14th based on my 6 week ultrasound.  I'm having a scheduled c-section and based on that due date they scheduled it for Feb 7th, a week before.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

EDD #1 2/14 (based off ovulation using OPKs and charting)

EDD#2 2/7

EDD#3 2/10

EDD#4 2/12

t has only changed within a few days. I figure he will come whenever he is ready.

image     image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

image    image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageethanwmomma:

They looked at all these dates and said because they were later on in my pregnancy they didn't make a difference and the earliest ultrasound is more accurate so they kept it at Feb 14th based on my 6 week ultrasound.  I'm having a scheduled c-section and based on that due date they scheduled it for Feb 7th, a week before.

This.... The earliest u/s is the most accurate. All babies grow at different rates and that is why they are all a different size at birth.

• Options
    I have also read/heard that the earliest ultrasound is the most accurate and that later calculated dates are just an indication of size versus the average and not actual development.  
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nugget's been measuring ahead for a month or two, but they aren't changing my edd/ c/s date
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    We haven't had a growth u/s yet (Monday) but it is suspected that our little one is on the small side (completely normal for both my family and DH's). My EDD hasn't changed and very likely won't.
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am measuring 2-3 weeks ahead but it's not changing my due date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"