January 2011 Moms

horrible drs. appointment today

Had my 39 week check up today and Dr. told me that my baby that had dropped a month ago has "undropped."  He also thinks the head is too big for a natural birth at this point so I have to go in for an ultrasound next week to determine the baby's size.  So frustrated, all set to have a natural birth and now I feel like the rug is being yanked out from under me.  What makes matters even more confusing is that I am only measuring 36 weeks, so the baby seems small. Ruddy Pumpkinhead...

Re: horrible drs. appointment today

• imageollymay:
    Had my 39 week check up today and Dr. told me that my baby that had dropped a month ago has "undropped."  He also thinks the head is too big for a natural birth at this point so I have to go in for an ultrasound next week to determine the baby's size.  So frustrated, all set to have a natural birth and now I feel like the rug is being yanked out from under me.  What makes matters even more confusing is that I am only measuring 36 weeks, so the baby seems small. Ruddy Pumpkinhead...

I don't get this?  Does this mean they want to schedule a c/s or that you will need an epi?

I had DS who was just about 10lbs. vaginally w/an epi.  They knew he was going to be "big" from 34 wks. on and the whole time I was in labor and even pushing they were "prepping the OR" for c/s --- horse crap.  I did it and didn't even tear so don't make them schedule you a c/s if you want to try to go vaginally or even naturally still. 

Sorry about the crappy appt.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Blah :(

The good news is that even if he suspects baby is too large there is no reason you cannot try to labor and deliver on your own, right? Hang in there and fight the good fight--if that is what you want!

• Loading the player...
  • 1ht

unless they have done an x-ray of your pelvis he can't know whether you can deliver vaginally. don't give in too easily if you really want to avoid a c-section.

• I know how you feel.  At my 36 week appt I got this news, then 37 weeks I got the he is dropped your in good shape, then this past tuesday well he is down but still floating and his head is measuring 40 weeks and the rest is on track so maybe a c section is in order.  I will do whatever I have to, to get my baby here safely, but really I don't understand why the back and forth.  I'm anxious to go again and hope that he has dropped.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too!
  • How are they checking baby's head size?  Did they do an ultrasound for some reason?  I don't see why they wouldn't at least give you a trial of labor.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageallobosc:

imageollymay:

I don't get this?  Does this mean they want to schedule a c/s or that you will need an epi?

I had DS who was just about 10lbs. vaginally w/an epi.  They knew he was going to be "big" from 34 wks. on and the whole time I was in labor and even pushing they were "prepping the OR" for c/s --- horse crap.  I did it and didn't even tear so don't make them schedule you a c/s if you want to try to go vaginally or even naturally still. 

Sorry about the crappy appt.

did you do something in particular during your pregnancy to ease labor? like yoga, kegels etc. My DH side of the family has a history of 10 pound babies so I am paranoid that I will have like a 4th degree cut/tear or something.

so weird, didnt know baby could "undrop" that sucks, well I hope things go better for you on your next appointment.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"