Military Families
Options

How long to get OB referral from Tricare?

Ack, I'm losing my mind here! I went on base two weeks ago for a blood test to confirm pregnancy. They said that Tricare would be sending me a letter with the name and contact information of my OB. How long is that supposed to take? It's been two weeks now and I'm getting very impatient! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long to get OB referral from Tricare?

• Options
    I remember being told 7-10 business days so with the holidays it's likely that it will take that much longer.  BUT, I had issues with both previous pregnancies and getting referrals because of admin errors so it might not be a bad idea to give the referral management office a call.
  • Options

I went in on a Friday and the OB's office called me to schedule my first appt by the next Friday.  It was quick.  There isn't a military hospital/clinic here though, we are referred out to civillians.  That may have made the difference? 

Hopefully you get your referral soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    you should be able to create a triwest account and print out your referals... that is what i do.  G/L
  • Options
    I went in for my blood test and called Tricare 48 hours later for the contact info for who they referred me to (there's a "check the status of a referral" option).  I called and made my appointment with the OB.  It's a civilian OB b/c they don't have the facilities on base.  I got a letter confirming the OB a week or so later.
  • Options

Why not pick up the phone and call them?  Just like anywhere else, letters can and do get lost in the mail.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

You may have to call Tricare.

I know I had like 3 appointments before I even ever got my first OB appointment. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSarahWaggy:

You may have to call Tricare.

I know I had like 3 appointments before I even ever got my first OB appointment. 

Thanks ladies! I finally called them (I would have sooner but I hate talking on the phone and try to avoid it whenever possible. Weird, I know.) and got the OB's name but of course they are closed today. I'll be calling first thing on Monday!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"