Northern California Babies
Options

S/O of Toddler eats...

DH & I were discussing how the boys are slacking on the veggie department. I know I just need to reintroduce them and see how it goes. Any tried and true recipes?

Also, I guess I am clueless on portions because I hate to waste and if I keep trying I just end up with a big ol' batch of uneaten veggies. :( Any help with that?

Right now their sometime faves are peas and green beans.

Re: S/O of Toddler eats...

• Options
    we have the SAME problem.  I just keep trying.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    If they see you eating it they will want to try it....and you can say ...."Mmmmmmmmm this is sooooo goood!" but don't put it on their plate until they ask for it.
    Mama to Z - 5.5 years, G - 3.5 years, & M - 1.5 years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We're still feeding Nick pureed veggies - that's the only way he'll eat 'em.  Tried real peas again the other day (he loves the pureed peas) and he just spit them out.  We did have some luck with some sauteed squash - zucchini, yellow zuc and patty-pan mixed with some marinara sauce.  I think the marinara sauce is what swayed him...

• Options

Soups, Cam doesn't like some veggies but he likes all of them that are in soups.

I make different yummy veggie soups :)

• Options

I have always put some on his plate. Granted, we throw away a LOT, but it seems to have worked. I figured eventually he'd find interest and he has. His fave veggie is peas but he hasn't had those in a long time ; )

I am going to try making a quiche one of these days and incorporate veggies into it- he loves eggs so I am hoping this will work.

We also do the TJs veggie sticks (like puffs) and he loves those as well.

• Options

Peas, GB, Corn, Carrots.. all he will go for. It is hard. I want to try others but haven't branched out yet.

• Options
    I guess I need to reintroduce to the boys AND DH. They basically only eat what he's eating (could care less if I am eating the same thing) so if DH isn't eating it, they won't. This will be fun times I can tell. ;)
  • Options
    Peyton will not eat a vegetable, not one.

He used to no problem, but not anymore.

I still give them to him on his plate, but I have been making a lot of "Deceptively Delicious" meals or giving him the V8 Fusion juice.
  • Options
    Oh yeah were looking into getting a juicer to make some veggie juice with a little fruit. A girl in our parent toddler class does that and says he loves it and drinks it every morning !!
  • Options
    Not sure if this will help, but maybe saute-ing the veggies in some mild spices??  Italian seasoning and a little garlic maybe?  I guess that wouldn't work w/ all veggies- but I am thinking specifically squash.  Also- in spaghetti sauce or chopped up finely and spread in quesadillas.... ???

We end up wasting a lot too, but we keep trying new things (or old things that he used to not like, but then randomly starts to love).  I know it feels wasteful, but if it gets them to eventually learn to like more veggies, then it is worth it IMO.

Food stuff is so tough!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"