Northern California Babies
Options

how did you tell work?

hi! I'm about a week or so away from sharing the news with work. I say or so, because for some reason I've become possessive about letting people know. I figure I can only not share with the entire world for such a short amount of time that I want it to be all mine and the hubs before the stomach gives it away. I digress...

Anyhow, does anyone have any fun ideas to let the cat out of the bag?  I've got a team of about 13 and we all sit near each other - I don't want to have to repeat the conversation a million times.  Just thought I'd poll you ladies.

thanks!

Re: how did you tell work?

• Options
    I have like the exact situation.  Close group - about 14 of us.  I made cupcakes (not unusual for our group)... send a calednar appt. around to everyone after lunch telling them to join my in the conference room for cupcakes.  Then when the first person asked "is it someone's b-day" I said "it will be in about 6 months!"  It was a lot of fun!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    At a staff meeting (small staff, only about 8 of us) we were scheduling annual IEP's and when it got to my turn I said, "I'll be unavailiable from the middle of March to the middle of May," then I paused and watched a few people make faces like, "who does she think she is!" until I said, "...because I'll be out on MATERNITY LEAVE!"  It was funny to just sort of slip it in!  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told my supervisors in a closed room together first. Then the next week at our weekly meeting I made the announcement to our dept. After that I let the info pass through the office and told people as I talked to them.
  • Options

that cat flew out of the bag when i was running to the bathroom puking at work all day.

Bummer, i love the cupcake idea

• Options
    I told people individually.
  • Options
    I am a teacher and told at the end of a staff meeting, but students figured it out earlier in the day so some had already heard.  Stilll, it was fun to announce to all at once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"