Northern California Babies

Looking at a new apartment tonight...

J and I have been looking for a new place for a while now. We live in a large 1905 victorian house that was converted into two apartments. The house itself is cute, but it's sliding down the hill it's built on the side of. We literally have a HUGE crack in our bedroom wall with the top shifting above the bottom. We don't consider it a safe place to raise a baby. Also, there's some lead paint on the walls as well.

A few months ago, J and I saw a great apartment on the side of the hill we want (view of the SF Bay), but it was $2000/month rent (we're paying $1200 now), so it was WAY out of our price range.

Today I was browsing on CL and saw a nice garden-set complex with a 2br 1bth apartment with a W/D and dishwasher (both we don't have and I am TIRED of washing dishes by hand). The guy supposedly REALLY likes J from their conversation on the phone and the apartment listed is one of two and one is bigger than the other and newer. This apartment is exactly in our price range (rent would go up to $1400/month but more utilities would be paid by the landlord). He even said the fact that we have 3 cats is no problem. Just to make sure we keep the carpets clean.

Oh I'm hoping this is a good one!

Re: Looking at a new apartment tonight...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"