Northern California Babies
Options

** April **

Hey there, I just read your post about Ty's new diet and thought I would chime in here.

We also don't really feed Cam any of those items.

Hummus, edemame beans, baked snack peas are great snacks.

Dinner time is pretty easy also. Fresh chicken or turkey, rice or pilaf, veggies steamed.

Trying to think of some other stuff.......... we are looking into getting a juicer so Cam can have veggie juice every morning with his breakfast.

This is a great line that is carried at Whole Foods, we use their crackers, we haven't done any cookies yet :

https://www.eco-planet.net/Fast_Facts.html

It really isn't that tough once you get used to it !!

Have you guys started yet !? What meal are you feeling most overwhelmed by ?

Re: ** April **

• Options
    wow, sorry that got so long !
  • Options

Not too long : )

Thank you for your reply. I think I eat many of the things you have mentioned- it's my DH who is not so much on board. If it were up to me, we'd shop solely at places such as Whole Foods and TJs. I recently stocked up on snacks and foods from TJs and have been trying those- luckily Ty likes them.

I haven't tried veggie burgers or edamame again since he was having reactions to soy formula. I will try to give it a go and hope it works as that opens up a bunch of possibilities.

Honestly, many of our "bad" foods are the ones DH loves the most and buys- frozen waffles, snack type foods, etc. I had a talk with him last night and he immediately started looking at his labels. We'll see how he does with the change, lol as I think it will be hardest for him.

The apples will be tough for us as Ty LOVES them. I am thinking in moderation they should be fine.

As for juice, I think I'll start picking up the TJs veggie juices and seeing if Ty will drink those as a way to get him to eat veggies and a healthy alternative.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It is so tough when dh doesn't like the same kind of food. We struggled with that for years before we had Cam.

He wouldn't change by me nagging him and the best way that I was able to change was just to buy different things from Trader's or Whole Foods. I would pay attention when my dh would say " Ohhh i like this alot" then I would buy that every time I went. I converted him without pressuring him, so he "thinks" he did it on his own, ha ha !

Don't get me wrong he still has his bad eating habits too. I told him once we had Cam he had to ditch his white bread cause we used to get two different breads. Multigrain for me and white for him. Now we only eat multigrain cause I told him I didn't want Cam asking " I want Dad's bread " etc etc

Even if its frozen waffles from Trader's then he would adjust to that then I'll make frozen waffles and freeze them, then he eats those.

So I TOTALLY Feel you on the dh not being on board part.

• Options
    Also I peel cucumbers and cut them up and put them in tupperware with baby carrotts. Get the spicy hummus from Traders and only buy one bag of chips from Traders. I do that kind of stuff for snacks. Wash and cut up veggies. Then my dh eats that stuff along with myself and he doesn't go for the easy bag of chips !
  • Options

Hehehe at your DH thinking he did it at his own.

Mostly it's getting DH to realize that there are alternatives to Safeway. What makes it harder is that we live about a block away from one- DH is all about convenience. He also swears that all kids drink juice and that he was raised a certain way with certain foods and came out fine- so they should be just fine for Ty.

We've been fighting this battle since we moved in together...a loooooong time ago. Hopefully, Ty will be the real catalyst in my DH's shift towards more healthy eating.

I lost the bread battle. DH buys "multigrain" white bread. Ty refuses wheat- my bread. So, we are now a two loaves of bread household. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"