South Florida Babies
Options

Update on Liev

Liev's hematology appointment was today.  The hematologist is not terribly worried since Liev's test results are not that off from what is considered normal. However, because of the nosebleeds, he's being tested for von Willebrand disease.  The doctor said that unless it's the severe type, it's really nothing to worry about and definitely not life threatening and treatable.  If he has the disease at all, the doctor doesn't think it's severe because of the lack of severe symptoms. 

We have to go back in 6 weeks for the results.  If he has it, then either my husband or I have it as well since it's hereditary.  I think at this point it won't really matter for either of us because it's obviously not severe.

I'm so relieved.

Re: Update on Liev

• Options
    So glad to hear this!
  • Options
    That's great news!! Glad the appointment went well and doesn't appear to be anything serious! Now, go and celebrate with little Liev! ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What a relief!!! I'm so glad it was all good news!
  • Options
    Sounds like great news!  If he does have it and you guys have it, then it shouldn't be too severe like you mentioned.  Keep us posted on the upcoming appointment.
  • Options
    great to hear there is nothing to worry about. I ate being scared that something could be wrong with my child, its so scary!!
  • Options
    Glad it appears to be nothing!  Great news to end the year.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"