Northern California Babies
Options

Thanks ladies!

I am home from my dinner with the ILs- they decided to leave from the restaurant so they could get to the mall (they live in Jackson so hello, Arden Fair is like the big city to them!) and have some time to shop.

It actually wasn't that bad.  Except that she came in with a book for Alex- yep, you guessed it, ANOTHER children's bible, and immediately started trying to tell him about Jacob and his ladder. 

Our family is Christian and I don't really mind her talking to Alex about God when I am present, but her views are so totally out there that we got worried about what he was being exposed to when he was alone with them and we totally drew the line that he is no longer to ever be alone with them, and that it is OUR job, not theirs, to nurture him spiritually.  This was a HUGE blow up right beofre Alex turned one and we "fired" her from watching him once a week...

Since then every singe thing she has given him is still about God.    You think she could just lay off a *little*?  Nope. 

Anyway, your responses to my post were funny and made me feel MUCH better about the whole thing.  Thanks ladies, once again, you helped me out in a time of panic!

I have some work to do for school and I'm about to get my glass of wine (finally!). 

H :)
The Boy Wonder 8/23/06 & The Famous Baby 6/1/10
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Thanks ladies!

• Options
    Glad you survived the evening. Enjoy your glass of wine!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yay that it ended up being ok !

You are a champ and omg I'm so sorry that they are so pushy with the religion. That is really tough. Someday soon Alex will be able to form his own opion, that day will be fabulous :)

Yay for you finally having your glass of wine

• Loading the player...
  • Options

it is your decision as parents to teach your children, and for some reason she can't understand this, so just thank her for the gift and either return it or give away what she gives you. i would assume that would probably be the easiest way possibly to avoid a fight!

my in-laws are from the same county, so maybe crazy just resides there lol

• Options
    Glad you survived.

Are you reading the bible as you have your glass of wine?
  • Options
    Glad you ended up having an okay time and that it wasn't too bad. Enjoy the rest of your night and your glass of wine : )
  • Options
    I'm glad you survived! :)
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"