Northern California Babies

PSA: Taking down your tree

As you take down your trees this year, and wonder how you're going to get rid of them, PLEASE REMEMBER that the Boy Scouts of America is an ANTI-GAY entity. If you have any compassion for the gays and their children, please just let your local waste management company remove your tree this year, or find alternate organizations that remove trees for donations.

Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: PSA: Taking down your tree

• imageMrsJulieT:

You do realize it's a fundraiser for the kids and not their parents. Pretty sure the kids don't have a say in what the organization stands for and that they don't care, they are just trying to be kids.

I do think it's sad that organizations like that take any type of political stand but don't think we should punish the children that are involved for stuff that is out of their control. 

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLexi & Orion's Mommy:
    imageMrsJulieT:

You do realize it's a fundraiser for the kids and not their parents. Pretty sure the kids don't have a say in what the organization stands for and that they don't care, they are just trying to be kids.

I do think it's sad that organizations like that take any type of political stand but don't think we should punish the children that are involved for stuff that is out of their control. 

Yes

I don't see it as punishing the kids.  I see it as keeping my money in my pocket and possibly using it for pro-gay agendas.

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Loading the player...
  • It's not about the kids, it's about the organization -- without the organization there would be no fundraiser.  To be more overt and blunt, let's say the KKK sent kids out to collect your trees and raise funds for activities for kids in their children's groups.  Would it be ok to support that?
  • imageMrsJulieT:

imageCelyn:
    It's not about the kids, it's about the organization -- without the organization there would be no fundraiser.  To be more overt and blunt, let's say the KKK sent kids out to collect your trees and raise funds for activities for kids in their children's groups.  Would it be ok to support that?

I personally don't think you can compare the two. As far as I know the BSoA are not teaching the kids anti-gay sentiments or any other hurtful/harmful beliefs and the belief is higher up in the chain of command (if they were that would not be ok and then would be along the lines of the KKK).

I totally respect that everyone feels differently, but I disagree with your statement saying that they're not teaching anti-gay sentiments.  When a little boy of a gay couple has friends with heterosexual parents in BSoA and wants to join with his friends, and can't because BSoA are anti-gay...  That's not teaching anti-gay sentiments?

I think it is. 

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Perhaps James Dale, the former Eagle Scout whose badge was taken away and whose membership in the organization was terminated taken away expressly and solely because he's openly gay, would disagree.
  • Are the Girl Scouts anti-gay, too? That's who does the tree pick ups in my area. This year we got a fake but I'm just curious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMrs.K&C:
    Are the Girl Scouts anti-gay, too? That's who does the tree pick ups in my area. This year we got a fake but I'm just curious.

No, Girl Scouts are all-inclusive. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • imageMrs.K&C:
    Are the Girl Scouts anti-gay, too? That's who does the tree pick ups in my area. This year we got a fake but I'm just curious.
    Not at all. The GSA are a completely separate organization from the Boy Scouts and are very inclusive.
  • imageMrs_Shmoopie:
    imageMrs.K&C:
    Not at all. The GSA are a completely separate organization from the Boy Scouts and are very inclusive.

Off topic really, but can't help myself.

This peaks my curiosity.  I wonder if I should just sign my boy up for Girl Scouts.  All inclusive & a direct line for my GS Cookie fix each year - Score!  (laughing meniachly)  Bwahahahaha.

• imageSmuches4u:

imageMrs_Shmoopie:
    imageMrs.K&C:

Off topic really, but can't help myself.

This peaks my curiosity.  I wonder if I should just sign my boy up for Girl Scouts.  All inclusive & a direct line for my GS Cookie fix each year - Score!  (laughing meniachly)  Bwahahahaha.

MMMMMM...  cookies!! 

Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• imageSmuches4u:

Love this idea!  We do not support the boy scouts for the above-mentioned.  And yes, I've had to explain it to my nephews when they ask for fund-raising $.  But having L be in the GS- awesome- more cookies!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageCelyn:
    It's not about the kids, it's about the organization -- without the organization there would be no fundraiser.  To be more overt and blunt, let's say the KKK sent kids out to collect your trees and raise funds for activities for kids in their children's groups.  Would it be ok to support that?

Yes

Thank you T, this is very very well said! I agree with you on all points.

And  yahoo for the girl scouts being all inclusive! Go Girl Scouts!

• wow. I had no idea. Thank you for posting this.
  • imageAngiesmommy:
    wow. I had no idea. Thank you for posting this.

Me either.....how sad.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageeverydayeve:

imageMrs.K&C:

No, Girl Scouts are all-inclusive. 

Off topic - but imagine how different the country would be if it were run by women. ;-)

• imageJaysonandKristin:
    imageMrsJulieT:

imageCelyn:

I personally don't think you can compare the two. As far as I know the BSoA are not teaching the kids anti-gay sentiments or any other hurtful/harmful beliefs and the belief is higher up in the chain of command (if they were that would not be ok and then would be along the lines of the KKK).

I totally respect that everyone feels differently, but I disagree with your statement saying that they're not teaching anti-gay sentiments.  When a little boy of a gay couple has friends with heterosexual parents in BSoA and wants to join with his friends, and can't because BSoA are anti-gay...  That's not teaching anti-gay sentiments?

I think it is. 

I so wholeheartedly agree with this and Celyn's comments, I think that some people need to do a little more research if you care about gay rights in any way shape or form because supporting the scouts financially is 100% contributing to the advancement of an anti-gay agenda.

• Not sure if many of you know, but a majority of Boy Scout Troops in this country are associated with the Mormon Church, who we all know have an anti-gay agenda.  The Mormon Church was also the largest supporter of the "Yes on Prop 8" campaign of 2009.  We're talking millions and millions of dollars towards anti-gay propaganda!  Not only does this connection set us back to the '50s with gay rights, but also with women's rights as girls are also excluded from joining because it's a "private club".

Although the Boy Scouts teach boys life skills and responsibility, the negative social stereotypes they also learn is unacceptable!  I would never give a dime to this organziation, and if more parents were informed as to where their "donations" go, they wouldn't support these organizations either!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"