High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

The update is: Small Baby, Low Fluid & Crappy Placenta.

I must win something right?

Because, I fail at all 3 aspects of growing a child.  I can even say I fail at making a baby since I had to use fertility drugs for Peyton.  I'm so getting my tubes tied once this is over and we finally have our little miracle girl.  I have gone through so many emotions this pregnancy, it's insane. 

Basically in summary (I do have a long version in my blog) the dr said that my fluid levels are at 10.8 & right now 10 is the very low end of the scale up to 20.  So the low end of normal, still.  The baby was 41st percentile, now she is 34th & her tummy is measuring over 2 weeks behind.  So..she's small & they are worried about that.  And, my placenta, has multiple infarcts & has also started to deteriorate early than he would like to see it, especially with regards to past placenta problems. 

Sigh.

My goal is 34 weeks,then we will keep going from there.  The hardest thing is not knowing week to week whats going to happen.  I'm a planner.  I like to know when & where and what time everything is going to go down.  I also think accepting that this birth will be NOTHING like Peyton's is hard for me too.  I know the goal is the same, get baby here healthy, but it's sad that it will be so different in regards to induction, monitoring, NICU team, etc. 

So they are stepping up my monitoring and i'm now seeing Peri once a week for weekly AFI, BPP & NST. 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

Re: The update is: Small Baby, Low Fluid & Crappy Placenta.

• Options

Hi! Typically I am a lurker but I just had to reply to your message.

I also have a small baby, 20th percentile in my 26th week and I have been on bedrest for a month because of hypertension. I also have low amniotic fluid.

I know what you mean when you say you think you're doing a bad job growing your baby.  I have these same feelings.  I've always been an over achiever and hate failing at anything and this pregnancy is really testing my patience.  Some things are just out of our hands no matter how hard we try. 

Feel free to send me a private message so we can talk a little bit more.  I am also scheduled for weekly doppler, fetal movements, and appointments with my high risk team.

I was really upset last night and fed up with this whole pregnancy experience.  My husband just told me that I have to stay positive and remember that everything I'm doing is for our little girl who will be with us for th rest of our lives.  I know it is tough but you will get through it.  You're not a failure, sometimes the tough stuff is just thrown at people that can handle it.  Hang in there.

• Options

So sorry you're dealing with all this! I had some similar issues so hopefully this will relieve some of your concerns/frustrations.

I just mentioned this in another post, but I was put on bedrest at 29 weeks for low amniotic fluid - dropped from 14cm to 10cm in one week. It only got as low as 7.8 and is back up to 10 now. But take heart, because my Dr's were thrilled to see it back at 10 and even took me off of bedrest at that point. Also, our baby had been measuring small (2 weeks behind), but despite all of this, she somehow managed to catch up! These babies are amazingly resilient!

I understand being frustrated and feeling like your body isn't doing what it's supposed to. Keep us updated on your status - praying that you see some positive results soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"