Cincinnati Babies
Options

Thoughts & prayers please! Tested positive for the flu at 36 weeks...

I'm almost 37 weeks, and had Ava and Charlotte at 38 weeks.  I have been having contractions every night that start and stop, and lots of pressure- not sure if I'm dilated because I declined my cervix check at my 36 week appt.  Anyway, please please please pray for a quick and full recovery. 

As if having the flu at 36 weeks doesn't already carry enough risk, the thought of childbirth is something I cannot wrap my mind around in my condition right now.  I feel like I've been hit by a truck, and I just plain don't have the energy or strength for it, not to mention not being able to hold my newborn.  I feel like it would end up traumatic in every way possible if I went into labor anytime soon.  I started Tamiflu and Zithromax today, and it's only been 48 hours since symptoms started so I'm hoping that catching this early is on my side.  Anyway, please send the opposite of labor dust and pray for a quick recovery and zero complications!  Thanks ladies!

Ava Caroline 8.27.07 I Charlotte Grace 5.18.09 I Lila Katherine 1.20.11

Re: Thoughts & prayers please! Tested positive for the flu at 36 weeks...

• Options
    Aw Kessler, that's miserable. Hope the baby sits tight until you are feeling better. Regardless, you will find the strength to get through it!
    image Ready to rumble.
  • Options
    How awful for you. I'm hoping the little one will hold off until you can shake this. Anti-labor dust sent your way. Take care...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is just awful.  I cannot imagine how you are feeling.  I was so sick a few weeks ago with it and I cannot imagine being pregnant too.  I hope the drugs kick this out of your system before anything gets started.  Please rest and call in the troops/your family to help you and the girls over the next couple days if you can.   Hang in there, girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That really sucks - I hope you feel better soon Kessler.
  • Options

Here's to hoping that it goes away quickly and your labor waits a few extra days!

• Options
    Hope you start feeling better really soon!
    DH - 42 Me - 36 DS1 -15 DS2 - 3 DD - 1
  • Options
    Thoughts and prayers for you, Kessler!!  Praying that you feel better soon and have time to rest up before Lila decides to arrive.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Kessler, I am so sorry to heart this! Praying that you are well soon. If you need anything at all, let me know!
  • Options
    Oh no! I cant imagine how miserable you must be feeling :-( Sending lots of T&P your way!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    God bless you.  I can't imagine having the flu late in pg... let alone possibly delivering with the flu!  I hope you get better soon and that your little one stays put for a while longer so her momma can get better.
    Mr & Mrs - 10/15/05
    Elijah Matthew - 5/3/07 ~ Adalyn Rosemary - 3/23/11
    imageimage
    *Photos by Kacy Cierley*
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    :( You poor thing. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options

Yuck, Kessler! I cannot imagine! Sending thoughts & prayers for a quick recovery!

• Options
    Feel better soon and hope the baby sits tight!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"