Health & Exercise
Options

Pregnancy Weight Loss?

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Pregnancy Weight Loss?

• Options

The general consensus from what I've read is that trying to lose a lot of weight during pregnancy is not a good idea. However, being healthy and continuing to exercise regularly is good for you and baby. As far as actually losing weight or toning I would talk to your doctor when the time comes to find out what they recommend. Until then, while you are TTC, enjoy as much exercise as you can!

Good luck, HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree with the PP - trying to lose weight while pregnant is not a good idea. As far as pregnancy weight gain goes, your doctor can give you the best guidance, but depending on your BMI, they might advise you to only gain 15-20 lbs while pregnant (as opposed to the standard 25-35 lbs) or they might tell you to try not to gain at all if you are significantly overweight.

You can, however, exercise during pregnancy no problem, provided you have a normal pregnancy and you were exercising before you got pregnant. So, it seems like if you're not pregnant yet, you should work on establishing a workout routine now so that when you do get pregnant you can continue it, and keep your weight gain to a minimum. Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"