Stay at Home Moms

Extreme couponing

On TLC! Anybody catch it? I caught the first 10 minutes than I had to DVR the rest. Can't wait to watch. Lol. My goal for 2011 is to become a good coupon user, but man these people on here are borderline hoarders! I'm still jealous of their skills. Lol!
Andrea 7/9/08, Joaquin 4/18/11, boy coming 12/18/13 Forever missed: Gabriel 11/24/09 at 20 weeks

Re: Extreme couponing

• I just watched it... it was crazy!!

I think it's great when you save money for the things you need and use. But some of the people were buying like 1100 boxes of cereal and stuff.... hoarding is a good way to put it.

• there is no borderline about it. THEY ARE horders. No ifs ands or butts about it.

I am ALL for stocking up on things I need/will use- however I will NOT buy something that I will not use (within a year) or donate immediately.

I use coupons alot. Don't get me wrong. However the one lady spends 70+ hrs a week doing it. Come on. Seriously????

I donate SO MUCH stuff to food/homeless shelters if I get free products. I do not have the time or desire to devote rooms and rooms of my house just so I have 40yrs of TP on hand. That is just ridiculous.

It is ashame that the show didn't have more valueable and PRACTICAL couponing tips for the average shopper. It was more of 'ratings grabber' show over anything.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageStacyc625:

there is no borderline about it. THEY ARE horders. No ifs ands or butts about it.

I am ALL for stocking up on things I need/will use- however I will NOT buy something that I will not use (within a year) or donate immediately.

I use coupons alot. Don't get me wrong. However the one lady spends 70+ hrs a week doing it. Come on. Seriously????

I donate SO MUCH stuff to food/homeless shelters if I get free products. I do not have the time or desire to devote rooms and rooms of my house just so I have 40yrs of TP on hand. That is just ridiculous.

It is ashame that the show didn't have more valueable and PRACTICAL couponing tips for the average shopper. It was more of 'ratings grabber' show over anything.

• I, too, was hoping for more practical tips. Although DH would be perfectly content with eating pinwheels & jarred sauce every night for 2 years, I'd go crazy.

• can you imagine how easy life would be if we could eat pinwheels and jar sauce? just from the standpoint of grocery shopping and actual cooking?

• imageStacyc625:

can you imagine how easy life would be if we could eat pinwheels and jar sauce? just from the standpoint of grocery shopping and actual cooking?

Hmm... now that I think about it, maybe it's not such a bad deal afterall. You could get different flavors of sauce (meat/ veggie/ cheese) to keep things interesting.

• imagebeknmike:
    imageStacyc625:

can you imagine how easy life would be if we could eat pinwheels and jar sauce? just from the standpoint of grocery shopping and actual cooking?

Hmm... now that I think about it, maybe it's not such a bad deal afterall. You could get different flavors of sauce (meat/ veggie/ cheese) to keep things interesting.

lol- i wonder how long it would take to use up 125 boxes of pasta?

• I DVR'd it and am watching it right now.  This woman disgusts me.  She spends 70 hours a week looking for deals on garbage.  I am all about coupons when I have time (which is rare now), but I spend maybe 15 minutes a week getting them.  My time is worth way more than a stash of toilet paper and candy bars.  She clearly has an addiction.
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • imagebabypuplove:
    I DVR'd it and am watching it right now.  This woman disgusts me.  She spends 70 hours a week looking for deals on garbage.  I am all about coupons when I have time (which is rare now), but I spend maybe 15 minutes a week getting them.  My time is worth way more than a stash of toilet paper and candy bars.  She clearly has an addiction.

But who WOULDNT want a 40yr stockpile of TP addiction? What's wrong with you pup? too cool for you? lol

She seriously had some major issues.

• imageStacyc625:

imagebabypuplove:
    I DVR'd it and am watching it right now.  This woman disgusts me.  She spends 70 hours a week looking for deals on garbage.  I am all about coupons when I have time (which is rare now), but I spend maybe 15 minutes a week getting them.  My time is worth way more than a stash of toilet paper and candy bars.  She clearly has an addiction.

But who WOULDNT want a 40yr stockpile of TP addiction? What's wrong with you pup? too cool for you? lol

She seriously had some major issues.

:-)  

I'm not sure who is more normal; the coupon lady, or the woman they showed on a commercial for an upcoming TLC show who has to have her teeth removed after consuming too much Comet.   

BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • imagebabypuplove:

I'm not sure who is more normal; the coupon lady, or the woman they showed on a commercial for an upcoming TLC show who has to have her teeth removed after consuming too much Comet.   

AMEN SISTER!!!

There were also some crazy commercials on during that episode.  

I'm pumped about the crazy habits show.  And I think the super saver lady is a total nut job.  Issues issues issues. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"