Northern California Babies

So Sick (long)

Ugh.  I feel terrible!  It all started with a cold on the 23rd - stuffy nose, headache, sore throat, etc.  We were running around all of the 23rd, 24th and 25th, so my first real day to rest was the 26th.  Then the Chills/Sweats started and a fever shot up to almost 102 degrees.  I took some tylenol and an hour or so later, the fever was only down to 101.4.  

The paperwork from my OB's office says to call if it's over 100.4.  DH was ready to just take me to the ER, but I wanted to call first to see if I was over-reacting.  So I called the on call OB around midnight to see if I should be worried and he just kept repeating to me that "a fever is not a disease."  mkay.  thanks, dude.  I decided I was being foolish (stupid!) and went to bed.  On monday I couldn't even get out of bed without wanting to pass out.  I called my primary care dr's office and he had me come in, worried that it was pneumonia by the way that I was coughing.  We went in and I basically just had to lay on the table while he did everything - I just couldn't stomach sitting or standing. I barely managed to walk to the office from the car.

He pretty much immediately sent us to Urgent care for IV fluids and bloodwork.   At Urgent Care they gave me 2 bags of IV fluids, a shot of penicillin and a prescription for antibiotics (my blood work showed that I was fighting a huge infection, they just weren't entirely sure where...).  Tuesday I was feeling MUCH better, but then took a turn for the worse again today.  I went in for a follow up appt today and got 2 MORE bags of IV fluids and some different cough medicine and have an appt to go back tomorrow.

I just want to feel better!  This was supposed to be our week to get stuff done around the house and instead I'm sequestered away in the bedroom and have seen DS for a total of about 15 minutes in the last 3 days.  :-(   And I'm seriously going to go ballistic if this coughing doesn't stop and I don't get any sleep AGAIN. 

So please remember - if you aren't feeling well, keep up your fluid intake (I thought I was drinking enough, but apparently not!) and don't let stupid on call OBs make you second guess yourself!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: So Sick (long)

• boo! i'm sorry that you are so sick. stay in bed and rest up as much as you can, the house stuff can wait. do you have a humidifier? i think that cen help with the cough and definitely congestion, especially if you put vicks in it. hope you feel better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • oh no! I'm glad you got fluids and hopefully tonight you'll rest up and feel better tomorrow. Take care of yourself, lady!
  • Loading the player...
  • hope you are feeling better soon! 
  • Wow scary stuff. I had no idea about calling in for a fever over 100.4 I would have never thought about that.
  • Feel better soon! I hope you get lots of rest and kick the infections butt.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Strep Throat just made its way through our house & I was feeling much like you're describing, minus the pregnancy concerns of course.

If you aren't still on antibiotics I recommend getting screened for Strep.

• that sounds awful...I hope you're feeling better.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • Yuck!  That sounds horrible!  I hope you are feeling better soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so sorry you have been so sick.  I hope you start feeling a lot better soon.  Sending you truckloads of healthy dust.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"