Northern California Babies

best way to get a handprint from my 11month old? (clicky)

on paper for posterity.

TIA!

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: best way to get a handprint from my 11month old? (clicky)

• I'll add while asleep :)

• imagefjaril:

I'll add while asleep :)

good thing husband is home for the rest of the weekend!

• Loading the player...
  • imageEmmieB:
    imagefjaril:

I'll add while asleep :)

good thing husband is home for the rest of the weekend!

Yes ditto the sleep thing or we used to do it while nursing.

• We tried fingerpaint at that age for a holiday ornament last year. Didn't go over so well. DD didn't like the feel of the paint on her hands and freaked out. 
  • imagem&m818:
    We tried fingerpaint at that age for a holiday ornament last year. Didn't go over so well. DD didn't like the feel of the paint on her hands and freaked out. 

We've already finger painted (at petroglyph) and he loved it. But I'm wanted a hand print (or 8) and not smeary decorations....so I'm thinking I'll nurse him to sleep and then we'll go from there.

• Good luck!  We tried this very thing this on Christmas Day. I tried ink (the one where the ink is on one side, and you push the hand on the other, so no ink touches the baby), and I tried paint. 

The ink was better at getting the prints and creases, but she moved, so on the ornament it appears as though my child has more fingers than she actually does. 

The paint came out better than the ink, but it's more of a blob and not as detailed.

I definitely recommend a sleeping/sleepy baby; I'll try that next time!

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • dcp did this while I held Jasp today ( 9 months ) , brushed the gooey paint on his hand with a brush, and it worked fine !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"