Working Moms

Poll: Favorite LO Christmas moment

Inspired by Casa Spenjamins, what is your favorite memory of this Christmas with your LO? Something extra cute or sweet that they did or said? Any pictures?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
Life is good!

Re: Poll: Favorite LO Christmas moment

• Christmas morning, 6AM, DD's bed

me: Do you know what happened last night?

DD (eyes pop open): Santa's here!

me: You're right - Santa came.

DD: Is he on the couch?

me: No, he just dropped off gifts for you and had to leave to deliver to the boys and girls.

*cue DD's tears*

She really thought Santa coming meant he was going to visit with us Christmas morning. So freaking cute and innocent. She was ok once she saw the stack of presents under the tree. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • LOL!  DD had something similar in mind, for when I told her we would bake cookies for Santa, she said "yes, and I will eat them with him."  She just didn't get the whole "you don't get to see him" bit.

After Christmas, I was putting on my new PJs from DH and DD asked me if they were a present.

"Yes, from Daddy."

She regarded me thoughtfully.  "You know, if you're good, Santa will bring you more presents, mommy."  Clearly she thought I hadn't been good enough!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • DH's aunt arranged for Santa to stop by her house on Christmas Eve. All DS could do was stare at him with this cute little smile on his face, like, "OMG, that's really him!". He couldn't wait to climb up on Santa's lap, and in the tiniest voice, whispered "presents" when asked what he wanted for Christmas.
  • we put christmas music on for our xmas eve party and the girls were dancing and running and spinning to the music with huge smiles on their faces for a full 10 minutes...ava stopped every few minutes to look at the tree and say "wow"...

• Pesky- that's too cute!
  • In the days before TV, when my husband's father and his brothers and sisters were children, one of them asked their mother (husband's grandmother) where did Santa Claus come from?  She had no idea so she made up a story that has been told in the family for the past 75 years on Christmas Eve.  So on Christmas Eve before we put Michael to bed, we turned off all the lights but the Christmas Tree and my husband told the story to Michael and the rest of the family.  Not a dry eye in the place.  (This was also the first Christmas after my husband's mother died.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Baby actually opened up his mouth and ate Earth's Best Pear 1st Baby Food for the first time--before he would just wear it--so it was a nice Mommy-Son moment on Christmas Day. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"