Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Mei Tai or Ergo Carrier?

I have friends that each swear by each of them, so not sure which one to get.

What have you heard about the Mei Tai?  I feel like I don't hear to much about it...

TIA!

TTC #2
BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
ME: 40 yrs.old
DH: 41 yrs.old
DD: 5 yrs.

Re: Mei Tai or Ergo Carrier?

• Options
    I have a Mei Tai, and I still haven't quite figured out how to work it....
  • Options

I have both a mei tai (babyhawk) and a beco butterfly2 (similar type carrier to the ergo) and I really like them both.  For me, I think the mei tai is more comfortable just because tying the straps allows for a better fit, but they are both comfortable.  The Beco is faster if I'm running multiple errands b/c I can take DD in and out of it without taking it off whereas I have to untie the babyhawk straps.  They're both great options and you can't really go wrong with either choice.

FWIW- mei tais are usually prettier.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, and ergo is a brand and a mei tai is a carrier type -- so if you like it or not is probably going to depend on which kind you have. There are some knock off ones they sell on ebay which might not be safe or comfy. I love my ergo and I've only had it for a few days. Also, it's breathtakingly beautiful (I have the black embroidered one).

But I seem to be a bit of a carrier slut, since my mei tai is on its way in the mail. 

• Options

I liked the mei tai when DD was younger.

But I can still use my Ergo with my two and a half year old, so I'm voting for that. I wish that I had had one from the beginning.

• Options

Don't forget about Beco!!!!!

I use a Beco Gemini for DD.  I picked that after researching the hell out of Beco (Butterfly/Gemini) vs Ergo.

YouTube was a huuuuge help to me!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • Options
    imagedixee.deluxe:

Don't forget about Beco!!!!!

I use a Beco Gemini for DD.  I picked that after researching the hell out of Beco (Butterfly/Gemini) vs Ergo.

YouTube was a huuuuge help to me!

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"