Northern California Babies

Stressful Morning, T&Ps please

Went to my regularly scheduled 37 week appt this morning. Doctor detected an arrhythmia or heart decelerations when she was checking heart beat (I could hear them too) so I was sent to L&D to get further monitoring. So stressful to go from normal appt to the hospital. Luckily, John was able to meet me there. They did a non stress test and a quick BPP/ultrasound. Found nothing abnormal on either, except that baby's heart rate was on the high side of normal the entire time (about 160) could have been because she was super active, I don't know. Either way, I'm now scheduled for twice weekly non stress tests until I deliver... 

I know the stress and worry won't end once she comes, but I kind of hope she just makes an appearance. She is still a girl and still head down, so that was nice to find out.

Now I'm trying to decide if I want to go down to SJ with John for the wedding he is in or just stay home the rest of the week. 

Anyway, if you could keep us in your thoughts that baby girl is just fine, I would really appreciate it. I'm a stress case even when things seem to be 100% normal, so yeah, this had me all worked up this morning. 

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
~~ married 8.11.07
~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~

Re: Stressful Morning, T&Ps please

• Tell her to take a nap! I hope everything calms down for both of you. I would probably opt to stay home instead of going to the wedding, but then I can imagine you might also have stress with him being far away.

Is there a family member or good friend that's local in case you need a ride to the hospital while he's at the wedding? I've never been pregnant but I can imagine even if you're not doing anything but sitting that a wedding and all the excitement could wake that little baby up-I'd want to be home in a soothing environment with your kitty.

G/L! And don't stress! (Easier said than done right?)

• imagetorylynn1:

Tell her to take a nap! I hope everything calms down for both of you. I would probably opt to stay home instead of going to the wedding, but then I can imagine you might also have stress with him being far away.

Is there a family member or good friend that's local in case you need a ride to the hospital while he's at the wedding? I've never been pregnant but I can imagine even if you're not doing anything but sitting that a wedding and all the excitement could wake that little baby up-I'd want to be home in a soothing environment with your kitty.

G/L! And don't stress! (Easier said than done right?)

I agree with all of the above. I hope she's just getting excited to meet you and that you're able to relax.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • T&Ps for you and your little girl. If you do decide to stay home this weekend, I will be around if something comes up. Since we are pretty much neighbors and all. I will PM you my email and number just in case.
  • Sending you lots of my positive thoughts and my prayers.  Sorry you had such a stressful day.  I'd stay home if I were you, unless you can deliver down in SJ if you need to.
  • Lots of T&Ps...there are lots of us local that would be willing to help out. I definitely wouldn't go to the wedding.  If it makes you feel any better, Natalie's heartrate was always on the high side.
    Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Oh L, I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. I agree with all the PPs in that you should stay home and take it easy. I know you were wavering before but I think this would be the deciding factor for me. I am somewhat local and you have my email even if you just want to get out of the house for a little while. I'd be happy to get out with the LO also!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • More good thoughts headed your way. I'd probably skip the wedding too, unless like pp mentioned you could deliver in SJ if need be. Kyva's heart rate was high when I was admitted to L&D. It turned out that I was just slightly dehydrated, so make sure you rest up and drink lots of fluids.
  • Thinking good thoughts for you and baby.  I would skip the wedding as well...take care of yourself!
  • Wow thats quite an appoinment! Many many thoughts and prayers.
  • Thinking good thoughts for you!
  • Lots of "healthy and stress-free baby" thoughts to you. I was actually wondering how you were doing the other day. I hope she stays put and stays healthy. :)
  • Lots and lots of positive and relaxing thoughts for you Laura.  I hope you are able to rest and relax. If you ever need anything, day or night, I am just a phone call away.  Seriously. 
  • DD's heart rate was always on the high side. I also had weekly NST, as much as they suck try and relax and enjoy listening to her for 20 min. Hope all stays well and she stays put a little longer
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I will be keeping you and baby girl in my thoughts. I agree with the others that you should probably not attend the wedding and should stay home and relax instead.
    DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Hugs mama. I'm sorry you had such a stressful morning. I think it's probably best to stay home...though my thoughts for why you might want to come down to SJ is if you did happen to start labor would you want J there from the beginning or would you be okay with laboring on your own at home for a few hours until he gets to you? I think you have a doula so she could always come early. Just some thoughts, though I imagine the long drive at almost 38 weeks would be less than comfortable for you...maybe order pizza in, get some girly movies and enjoy a quiet night with you, your little girl and Boba cat.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. 

I think I'll skip the wedding. My parents and MIL have offered to come up and hang out with me on Friday evening/night, and John will probably change his plans and only drive down on Friday.

I am kind of bummed about missing the wedding, but feeling at peace about it as well. 

**** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Lots of T&Ps coming to you and baby. 
  • Sending you and baby lots of T&P - I hope the upcoming tests show good results.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • lots of thoughts and prayers headed your way!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm seeing this a couple of days late, but I just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you and Baby Girl D!  Skipping the wedding is probably the choice I would make, and it sounds like you're ok with that.  Either way, I hope you (and she!) can keep calm until the arrival.  It won't be too much longer!

PM me for our family/baby blog

Haley Beth ~ March 3rd, 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"