Washington Babies

Oh No...this isnt good...

I just went to msn.com and at the top it says BREAKING NEWS: "House votes "no" on bailout plan.. stocks plummet" ...I scroll down and its down over 400+ points...this could get ugly....

ugh :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oh No...this isnt good...

• CNN just reported 700+ points! Aaack. Oil is really low right now though, that's a nice thing.
  • that's SO not good....  ugh
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah its really horrid!  We lost over 20k in wamu stock last week, just POOF GONE!  Such a scary time.  I'm hoping that we recover by the time we want to retire.
    imageimage Brothers! image
  • I dont think that it's going to go through.

I'd pull money out fast. Oh, and grab a shotgun just in case. lol
  • The last thing we want are bank rushes....if you're divirsified, you should be okay.  Take a hit, but be okay by the time you retire.

These are *definately* scarey times though and I don't know if it's good or bad it failed.

• I'm shocked they voted no on it after all the discussions. WOW. I'm a little nervous about our financial stability these days. ugh.
  • The good news: As long as oil prices our low, our dollar will be stronger. The bad news, if you plan to retire in the next couple of years you just got hosed.

I am opptomistic that this will not be a bad thing. Small local banks are the one's who will survive since they did not may any subprime loans, and are generally conservative with their money.

I told DH as long as he gets a paycheck, we will be fine. Once he doesn't I have to go back to work. Lucky for me, the places I can work will never have hiring freezes since I am considered essential personel.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"