January 2011 Moms

What the H??

I just went to the lounge to heat up my lunch and there was a girl in there who always touches my stomach. She is really the only person that annoys me when they touch my stomach. Most people I don't mind, but then the LIFTED my shirt to look at my stomach. I put my shirt down as soon as I can and she's then asking me about the Linea Negra. The nerve of some people!

Re: What the H??

• Eeew.  I would not like that at all.

My boss always teases me and says I give off really strong "don't touch me" vibes so thankfully most people don't.  I think that's his nice way of telling me I come off as kind of a *** . . .

• at this point I would like to have that "don't touch me" vibe! especially with this girl. She's crazy. I road in a car with her driving one time and will never do that again. i thought i was going to die. She was driving crazy and it was pouring down rain, and yes, i was already pregnant at this point. One of the scariest days of my life.

• Loading the player...
  • Ugh - that is totally unacceptable! I'd probably have punched her - or lifted her shirt right back. Why would that be acceptable in anyone's mind??

I've been lucky and haven't had any weird stomach-touching experiences. I've only had about 2 people do it and it wasn't weird in context and didn't bother me.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • My GMIL is pretty much the only person who thinks it's okay to touch my belly and I am positive that it's because she knows I don't like to be touched.  She can be pretty awful.  I told DH the other day that she's lucky I didn't kick her the other day when, I swear, she spent 5 straight minutes rubbing my belly.

My sister also does it just because she knows it bothers me.  People are so weird.

• Apparently being pregnant means your not allowed the luxury of personal space. I don't know why people think it's ok to touch perfect strangers just because they are pregnant. News flash pregnancy is probably the most uncomfortable time in a women's life, why would you pick then to be awkward and touchy?
    Married to the love of my life <3 09.26.09
    Mother to my Sweet Baby K <3 12.30.10
    …with Baby Number 2 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Luckily I've only had one person ninja-touch the belly and DH almost hit them- put the Fear'O'God into them. :D

Agree with the sentiment that you should reciprocate next time- if she touches your belly, touch hers back. Maybe'll that'll creep her out enough that she'll stop.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've been lucky: no stranger touches, only friends and family and they all ask first. 
  • I HATE it when people just leave their hand on my belly and continue on with a conversation and at times it's not even a conversation they are having with me!! I had enough one day I screamed at my cousin and bff I had ENOUGH, they dont bug me ever since :) the only one that can do whatever to my belly is DH other than that, no i just dont want to be touched not even my mom.

• I think I would file a sexual harassment complaint with HR. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"