Northern California Babies

Did your kids get any toys/gifts that u didnt like?

List them here!

Lexi got a Bratz Doll. When she opened it, she showed me and i told her we can go take it back to the store and get another doll. I really dont like Bratz dolls. I mean shes in a mini skirt and cowboy boots and you purposely call her a Brat? doesnt sit well with me for so many reasons. And i am usually pretty laid back.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did your kids get any toys/gifts that u didnt like?

• Aaron got a bowling set that has hard pins and a hard ball.  It's really not appropriate for in the house and they've taken to throwing the ball at each other.  I'm not a fan.
  • In-laws got J a present that I'm not so fond of but their actions about it are pretty hysterical.  We do mostly natural toys, but do not have any toy that has batteries.  My in-laws are funny about it and seem to think that we are depriving J of the flash and noise that he needs to develop.  For Christmas they got him a remote control, blinky, flashy train that blares the ABCs as it races around the track, all you need to do is push one button.  Funny because the kid has a huge set of trains and tracks and a beautifully carved big train as well, both which he plays with happily for hours.  Even funnier is that she had to keep up a running commentary on how she knew I wouldn't like it but she thought he needed to get a jump on his ABCs, she knew I wouldn't like it but it would stay at their house, she knew I wouldn't like it but look how much he likes it! (as J sits glassy-eyed, remote in hand)  She knows I don't like it but now we've named the train and it's his favorite toy ever!  Frigging hilarious, I smiled and said thank you when we got it, it's just guilt speaking! 
  • Loading the player...
  • FIL got DS a huge plastic electronic train set for 4yr+..... he is 2. The thing isn't well made, and the reviews online say it breaks with in a few days or a week if lucky. We told FIL it was too big to open that night and quickly put it in the trunk of the car. DH is retuning it today, hopefully since FIL won't give us the repciet. He insists we hold on to it for a few yrs till DS is ready for it.
  • I'm pretty laid back about the kids toys to, as long as they're not getting weapons, I'm alright with anything...except the Bratz dolls.  I hate them.  Thankfully, they didn't get any this year but SIL has gotten them a few dolls before...they get taken to Goodwill. 
  • A ball popper which has already popped it's way outside. On the deck. 
  • imagescrapmama2201:
    A ball popper which has already popped it's way outside. On the deck. 

urgh. DD got a ball popper for her birthday. It promptly went to storage and then donated. 

• imageMrsJulieT:
    imageAngiesmommy:

imagescrapmama2201:
    A ball popper which has already popped it's way outside. On the deck. 

urgh. DD got a ball popper for her birthday. It promptly went to storage and then donated. 

So funny. We got one and Taylor LOVES it and I love that the kids can play together with it.

Addi got one too, and both kids love it!

I am really laid back about gifts, I figure that the giver choose the gift because they thought DC would like it, so I give them the benefit of the doubt and at least let DC try it.  No skin off my nose if they don't like it....I'm not the one who wasted the $ buying something the kid doesn't like/will get donated/trashed etc.

• My almost 14 month old got fruit roll ups as part of his gift. I know it says "fruit" at the beginning, but if you read the ingredients it is high fructose corn syrup, loads of sugar, etc, etc. Yikes. And it was from a pediatric nurse....... ::sigh::
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"