Maryland Babies

Too Laid Back??

So for my wedding I was on top of everything and did things WAY in advanced...with the baby I have done absolutely nothing!!! I feel so bad.  The only thing that is done is having the room painted but we just got lucky that the color we chose when we were painting (pre-pregnancy) works as a nursery color.  We haven't even registered yet!!!  Although I know my shower most likely won't be until Feb and my family told me not to buy anything yet...I am hoping since I am off now to get the registry done this week (maybe tonight or tomorrow).  What have you done?  Am I super far behind?!  I've been super relaxed about the pregnancy oddly enough especially since I am totally anal and type A....now I am starting to freak out a tad....maybe it's the nesting....
image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/

Re: Too Laid Back??

• I'm trying to think about to my pregnancy days. I remember running up to BRU and looking at stuff to register for at 20 weeks, but I didn't register until 24 weeks with the help of my SIL. We had already had the nursery painted (probably at 20 weeks), ordered the furniture early too. Why? I found a good deal on the furniture, so I figure I buy it. Glad I did, because I ended up having some issues with damaged furniture, returning them, it taking a week or more. A big hassle really. My shower was at 32 weeks, and I delivered the following week, all very sudden, so a part of me was glad that I had my shower, furniture, painting done early.

I would try and set tiny goals for yourself, no need to freak out. You still have time. 

• Don't stress out too much!  I didn't register until I was right around where you are now.  And I wouldn't have done it except my sister yelled at me because she needed the registry number for the shower invites.

You'll be fine.  The baby actually doesn't need much more then clothes and diapers in the beginning.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't even have a habitable nursery until i was like 39 weeks.....that was due to DH though. But I am always a last minute type of person. Right around 39 weeks the nesting kicked in and I got all his clothes washed, folded, and put away. You'll be fine!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I seemed to be moving in waves, where I get a lot accomplished and then nothing for a while.  I registered Halloween weekend and the baby is due beg. of Feb.  We painted the room and got furniture rather quickly because I wanted to have the nursery pretty much set up for our gender party the end of October. 

Nursery is set up but there is still nothing on the walls and looks very plain to me.  I have moments where I feel behind also, but don't worry you will get there.

Sometimes going on the birth month boards made me feel like I knew nothing, I was the least prepared, and not starting off well as a mom to be.  I was even crying that I didn't know what bottles to register for.  But DH reassured me that he had a child at 18, they had no idea what they were getting into and she is an incredible girl, so it will all fit into place.  Also the Baltimore board made me feel better also.

• A baby isn't really like a project - its nice to have a gorgeous nursery and lots of adorable clothes and cute whimsical gear, etc., but really you don't NEED any of it and your LO won't give a crap one way or the other.  And, remember too that alot of this is marketing and you are being made to feel like you are incompetent/not prepared unless you buy all this "stuff".  All you really need are diapers, some clothes, a place for your LO to sleep and a carseat! 

FWIW - DD's room wasn't really "ready" until ~ a week before she was born and we didn't even get the glider put together until she was home.  She also didn't sleep in her crib until she was over 2 months old, so it really wasn't necessary either.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am 30 weeks and DH and I are going to get paint tonight and then have made that our NYE plans...lol  Hopefully we can get the furniture ordered this week so we can get it before baby comes in March.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageKathrynMD:

A baby isn't really like a project - its nice to have a gorgeous nursery and lots of adorable clothes and cute whimsical gear, etc., but really you don't NEED any of it and your LO won't give a crap one way or the other.  And, remember too that alot of this is marketing and you are being made to feel like you are incompetent/not prepared unless you buy all this "stuff".  All you really need are diapers, some clothes, a place for your LO to sleep and a carseat! 

FWIW - DD's room wasn't really "ready" until ~ a week before she was born and we didn't even get the glider put together until she was home.  She also didn't sleep in her crib until she was over 2 months old, so it really wasn't necessary either.

Ditto all of this.  Also my advice to every mom-to-be is to borrow/accept whatever hand-me-downs you can for the infant stuff.  Like the bassinet, swing, bouncy seat, moses basket, bumbo, etc.  This stuff seems SO important but the truth is it's used for a very short time- most babies are done with all of these items by the time they are ~6 months old. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagedaisyterp:
    imageKathrynMD:

A baby isn't really like a project - its nice to have a gorgeous nursery and lots of adorable clothes and cute whimsical gear, etc., but really you don't NEED any of it and your LO won't give a crap one way or the other.  And, remember too that alot of this is marketing and you are being made to feel like you are incompetent/not prepared unless you buy all this "stuff".  All you really need are diapers, some clothes, a place for your LO to sleep and a carseat! 

Ditto all of this.  Also my advice to every mom-to-be is to borrow/accept whatever hand-me-downs you can for the infant stuff.  Like the bassinet, swing, bouncy seat, moses basket, bumbo, etc.  This stuff seems SO important but the truth is it's used for a very short time- most babies are done with all of these items by the time they are ~6 months old. 

oh - and borrow from your knottie/nestie/bumpie friends whenever possible!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Thanks guys!  I think the March board has me stressed a bit..and the dumb checklist...oh well!  I don't have many people to borrow from since I am the oldest in my family and most of the 'kids' are all grown.  My SIL may have some things but shes planning on having another one soon so I dont think she's going to give it up.  Since it's my first I am hoping to get some stuff that will last me through all of my kids (hopefully there are more to follow) at my shower.  I don't feel as stressed now...but hopefully we are going to register tomorrow!
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
  • imageBunintheOven311:
    Thanks guys!  I think the March board has me stressed a bit..and the dumb checklist...oh well!  I don't have many people to borrow from since I am the oldest in my family and most of the 'kids' are all grown.  My SIL may have some things but shes planning on having another one soon so I dont think she's going to give it up.  Since it's my first I am hoping to get some stuff that will last me through all of my kids (hopefully there are more to follow) at my shower.  I don't feel as stressed now...but hopefully we are going to register tomorrow!

Between kids I loaned out the following- swing, bassinet, bouncy seat, moses' basket- because like I posted before they are needed for such a short time.  I didn't have a bumbo for DD and I borrowed one for DS.   The thing w/ borrowing them is then you don't feel bad if they don't like it- my kids were never big bumbo sitters- but some babies love them.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"