Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Enfamil AR users...please come in

What kind of bottles do you use with this formula?

Previously to using this formula we were using Gentlease with the Playtex Ventaire, which we really liked. However, with the AR the slow flow nipples are WAY to slow for LO (he gets frustrated) and the fast flow are too fast. So, I switched to Tommee Tippee with the slow flow nipple which works great most of the time. However, the nipple is constantly clogging and it's really annoying to be continually stopping the feed to take off the top and un-clog the nipple.

I need another suggestion for something that works better.

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Enfamil AR users...please come in

• I don't use the AR often, most of the time I just add a teaspoon of rice cereal per oz of breastmilk but with both I use the Dr. Brown's bottles with the stage 2 nipple. It is a good flow and its not too fast. Although I've been told that you can get the 3-6 month nipples for the Ventaire bottles and that works too... but I have not tried that. Just want to clarify that I only add rice cereal per Drs. orders because he has reflux, I am not doing it to get him to sleep longer or anything like that so please no comments or attacks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageRandi1986:
    I don't use the AR often, most of the time I just add a teaspoon of rice cereal per oz of breastmilk but with both I use the Dr. Brown's bottles with the stage 2 nipple. It is a good flow and its not too fast. Although I've been told that you can get the 3-6 month nipples for the Ventaire bottles and that works too... but I have not tried that. Just want to clarify that I only add rice cereal per Drs. orders because he has reflux, I am not doing it to get him to sleep longer or anything like that so please no comments or attacks.

My LO does too, which is why we switched to this formula. I guess he's too young to add rice cereal to his formula but this AR formula is OK. It really helps a lot!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I use NeoSure + Tommee Tippee Bottles. The NeoSure seems really thick to me, it is designed for preemies, and is high-calorie. It also clogged the newborn tommee tippee nipples, the slow flow ones. I switched to the Tommee Tippee variable flow nipples, which completely solved the issue. The flow isn't too fast, but it keeps the nipple from clogging. I would try this, if I were you, it really really worked in our situation.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3918110
  • we use dr. browns bottles, and the nipples that came with them. we just started lo on cereal mixed with breastmilk  by doctor's orders, and i had to widen the hole a little with a toothpick. the formula flows through the regular nipple just fine though. 

on phone- no caps

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"