Minnesota Babies

Where is a good place to buy maternity clothes?

Re: Where is a good place to buy maternity clothes?

• i got a lot of mine at Old Navy. 
  • Old Navy, Kohls, Target. All the least expensive and still stylish and cute! I've also been wearing a lot of babydoll tops from the junior section, that way I can still wear them afterwards!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got some really cute stuff at oldnavy.com, there is a lot of stuff on sale right now and you can also get stuff from Gap from the same site and pay $7 shipping for it all.  There is also a maternity consignment store in south mpls called NINE.  I havent been there yet but I plan on going soon.
  • Kohls has maternity?  I was there just the other day to see and i didn't find ANYTHING!
  • Kohls does have maternity, the one near me has it next to the baby clothes.
  • Other than the ones PP above:
    Mimi maternity (Macy's in Southdale, Rosedale, Bloomingdale's MOA), BabyGap (Gap maternity section in back of store - MOA, Woodbury Lakes has a 'huge' store), Hot Mama maternity (2 locations - 50th & France, Grand & Victoria)

On all of the above, check the sale racks and you can find some really good deals.  Things can always be layerd or tailored (i.e., long-sleeves into short, etc.)
  • I drove all the way from *** Rapids to Minnetonka a couple weekends ago to check out a place recommended to me and it was SO worth it!

It's called Clothes Mentor, it's next door to the Once Upon a Child store - across 394 from the mall. I got about 4 maternity tops for less than $40 - good buys there and the selection of maternity clothes is HUGE!
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I second the store Clothes Mentor in Minnetonka. It has a HUGE selection and everything is really cheap. I got two pairs of work pants and three shirts for $45.

Also, sometimes Opitz outlet in SLP has great designer items for cheap but they only have maternity on and off. I got a pair of Seven maternity jeans for $30.
  • whatever you do... do not, i repeat, do not go to motherhood maternity at the MOA.

omg, gag me. it's as if they got all the clothes they could order in every possible color of the rainbow and cram them all onto seven racks.

what a mess.
  • I have always gone to Motherhood. Their stuff is cute and work appropriate. And they are not old grandma-ish!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Nu Look in SW Minneapolis is a good consignment shop for maternity.
  • Thank you for the suggestion of Clothes Mentor!

I went there last weekend and ended up with quite a haul of great maternity clothing!

I will definitely be back!

BabyFruit Ticker, Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • babygap rosedale was the meca of gap maternity.  all the other gap stores send their maternity there for clearance.  

• I honestly would not recommend Target for maternity. Unless you can get some things on clearance, it is not worth spending the money on. I would recommend Old Navy, in the Mall of America. Reasonably priced and will last!

Good Luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• If you're looking for inexpensive maternity clothes, check out Bellies to Babies in Richfield near 66th and Penn. They have gently used maternity and 0-9 month baby clothes. They will also give you cash for your used maternity and baby clothes you don't wear.
  • I liked pea in the pod!
  • Try Nine Maternity Clothing Consignment in South Minneapolis. Good deals on nice stuff.  www.nineconsign.com
  • i went to kohls .. i know there usually expensive but look for a little while i found $30  shirt on sale for $6 i even found some summer tops for under $3 CLEARENCE IS WORTH LOOKING FOR !!!
  • Last week I got a great deal on pants at JC Penny's and then we went to Motherhood Maternity at MOA. We went during the afternoon and had a great experience. The manager helped me personally pick out shirts (I hate clothes shopping) and I left with a bag full of stuff that I can wear to work and home... and as a plus I will be able to wear the shirts after the baby comes because they are not to "maternity" looking. Also have had some luck at Kohls. Didn't think Old Navy had much to choose from, but that may have just been the one I was at.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"