High-Risk Pregnancy

**Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

Hi Ladies - I'm posting early (Tuesday instead of Thursday) because I didn't post last week's check-in.  I'm so sorry I missed last week, but things got so hectic with the holidays that I forgot!

Anyway, it is finally time again for our weekly check-in.  This check-in is for anyone dealing with clotting disorders, or for anyone doing once or twice daily shots of Lovenox, Heparin, Fragmin, Arixtra, etc. (you are also welcome if you are on any other blood thinners - coumadin, aspirin, etc.)  This is a place for us to share our frustrations, worries and triumphs.  What?s new this week?  How is everyone feeling?  How are your bruises?  Any injection tips for the newbies?

Here is the growing list of Lovenox Ladies:

Heather&Shaun (FVL, MTHFR, previous DVT) ? 12/28 Cruisebride1208 (previous unexplained IUGR) ? 12/31 Wiscgirl95 (MTHFR, PE and previous DVT) ? 1/2 PeetiePie (APS) ? 1/4 nurseJK (MTHFR) ? 1/7 NikkiAnderson907 (FVL and previous PEs) ? 1/15 wifey006 (FVL and MTHFR) ? 1/21 Mrs. Thistletwat (FVL homo and previous DVT) ? 1/23 DLo81 (AA) ? 1/29 Ms.Messmer (FVL) ? 1/31 Atalanta04 (Protein C def and previous DVT) ? 2/1 Pamela05 (protein S def) - 2/2 sweetpea18 (MTHFR homo and Factor VIII) ? 3/4 Fryday13 (MTHFR) ? 3/13 Wheelber (MTHFR homo) ? 3/16 kappanole (FVL and prior PVT) ? 3/22 Lan715 (Protein S def) ? 4/4 ButterBean13 (MTHFR homo and Protein S def) ? 4/10 Sweetgirl425 (FVL and APS) ? 4/21 Kramer2009 (LA) ? 4/22 Janjag (Prothrombin mutation, and previous DVT and PE) - 5/4 Chelsea_ems_fire (Prothrombin mutation) ? 5/4 Brandioohoo (FVL ) ? 5/23 Waterfly (FVL and previous DVT) ? 5/24 Cdnvb4 (FVl and previous PE) ? 5/24 Peacelvr74 (DVT) ? 6/6 Ginsing (FVL and MTHFR) ? 6/10 Abergale (FVL) ? 7/8 MoonPieMama8 (previous PE, AA) - 7/11 LoveDEEPly10707 (previous DVT) ? 7/14 Harmsmomma (APS, LA) ? 7/19 Sky1154@aol.com (FVL) ? 7/23 Pookums (Prothrombin mutation) ? 7/25 trpIL06 (FVL) ? 7/27 Aprileckhart (previous PE) - 8/8 Mmiller0512 (protein C) ? 8/10 If this is your first week checking-in, please let us know your EDD and the reason you are on blood thinners.

QOTW:  If you have had a DVT or PE while pregnant (or pp), what week did it happen?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"You reach deeper until you can find the strength.  That's all life is, one big fight after another."

Angel babies: 9/19/07, 10/08/09, 1/05/11

Re: **Weekly Lovenox Ladies Check-in**

• No history of actual clots for me.  Because of that, my doctors don't plan on having me switch to heparin.  I'll just go off the lovenox just shy of 38 weeks and then not be allowed to go past 40 weeks (and have regular monitoring of course). 
  • Week 9 my 3 DVTs and 1 superficial showed up. I just made the switch to heparin last night. Oh and I'm being induced in 2 weeks  -  2 weeks early.
  • Loading the player...
  • Week 10 my full length left leg DVT "appeared".
  • No history of DVT or PE while pregnant.  I'm on Lovenox b/c of blood clot hat formed in heart = heart attack (prior to pregnancy).  That being said, hugs and T&P's to those who have had DVT or PE during pregnancy!!

Still plugging away with the Lovenox injections coming up on 26th week.  Hope everyone has little bruising! 

• I am scheduled to start Lovenox again next week. I will be >7wks. I had a DVT in my left thigh last pregnancy around 34wks. I most likely will be on Lovenox twice daily.
  • Hello Ladies:  I should probably read through this thread more before replying, so sorry if I am jumping in where this is answered elsewhere...

I am not pregnant, yet.  I did have blood clots, from a surgery, a few years ago.  I have been told that when I do get pregnant I will need to see a high risk dr due to the clots.  I was on lovenox when i had the clots, and then from that was switched to coumadin.  From reading it seems that its okay to be on a blood thinner while pregnant, i am just wondering what caused you to go onto blood thinners, have you been on them a long time prior to getting PG, or did you go back on them once you did become pg?

I updated my bio on 06/24/10, however if you want to see my planning bio you have to go to www.lizardlipsplanningbio.weebly.com because I am having a hard time making it clicky!
  • It's been over a year since my last case of DVT, and I'm trying hard to keep it that way(particularly considering the last one was due mostly to rule-breaking on my part...skipping meds on a regular basis combined with long solo road-trips with few to no stops).  I'm a few days short of "half baked," so...so far so good.  DH is good about not letting me go to sleep at night without my shot, and even wakes me up if we fall asleep before I get to it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No history of blood clot, my sister had one which is how they found the Protein C deficiency and my whole family had to be tested, and I am the only other one that has it.
  • I cannot believe I'm 10th on the list, only a couple weeks away and I'm so ready! 

No previous history of DVT or PE, after 3 m/c's my OB sent me to an RE to figure out what was going on.  After running a full blood work up on me, we found out I'm homo FVL.  I've been on the Lovenox 40 mg/day since BFP.  I'm switching to Heparin on Monday (just got my syringe's) 2/day until delivery.  Will then switch back to Lovenox for 6 weeks post delivery.

• imagePamela05:
    No history of actual clots for me.  Because of that, my doctors don't plan on having me switch to heparin.  I'll just go off the lovenox just shy of 38 weeks and then not be allowed to go past 40 weeks (and have regular monitoring of course). 

Question for you - have you heard that chances of clotting is much higher post delivery?  The first tri and post delivery is what my DR's have been most concerned about.  I don't have a history of clots either but the plan is that I'll switch to Heparin.  Just wondering if anyone has mentioned that to you.

• imageMs.Messmer:

imagePamela05:
    No history of actual clots for me.  Because of that, my doctors don't plan on having me switch to heparin.  I'll just go off the lovenox just shy of 38 weeks and then not be allowed to go past 40 weeks (and have regular monitoring of course). 

Question for you - have you heard that chances of clotting is much higher post delivery?  The first tri and post delivery is what my DR's have been most concerned about.  I don't have a history of clots either but the plan is that I'll switch to Heparin.  Just wondering if anyone has mentioned that to you.

Yes.  The reason my doctor's don't see it as an issue is that my Protein S deficiency only appears while I have pregnancy hormones in my body (which is why it took us so long to find because protocol always says to run the test while not pregnant). 

If, however, something comes up in delivery that would keep me from being able to be up and active post-delivery then we will reevaluate because that would greatly increase the risk.  And we will be keeping a close eye on any signs that something has developed or my levels haven't recovered like they should.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"