Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

flap of skin on LOs gum

I was just changing DD diaper and she started screaming (the LOs are cranky bc they are sick) The sun must have been right and she was at the right angle but i noticed what looked like a flap of skin coming off the side of her gum where she appears to be working on a molar. 

No buds have poked through yet but all her gums are pretty swollen and she is def teething.  The flap was for the most part gum colored.  the very tip was a little white but i couldnt get to close of a look she was less than pleased. 

I put a call into the pedi dentist (they havent been yet bc both dentist and pedi say not til 2 or 3 years old unless something is up) Im waiting for him to call me back.

I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this. 

Re: flap of skin on LOs gum

• Yup this happened with DS' bottom left molar. it's totally normal and not a big deal. it's cause the molar has started to surface and the gums are pulling away. i only saw it by a fluke too, so I'm sure many people don't even notice. it was gone like a day later when I checked again 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Same thing with DS right now. He's cutting all 4 molars and I have seen the flaps of skin on his bottom two.  It's gruesome looking.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"