Blended Families

Quick update

Hey girls!  Thanks so much for the well wishes!  I haven't had time to load pictures on the computer yet, but I'll try and have DH put them on today.

First, SO MANY TYPOS!  Lol.  I must have been pretty drugged up still when I typed.  Ha ha....

Second, I had more complications, so it's going to be another couple days before I can really get back on (or back to real life). 

I had the spinal leak from the epi, and they gave me the blood patch on Saturday morning (the blood patch was where they took my blood, did another epidural, and inserted the blood in the spinal cord).  The patch was fine and my headache was gone. 

You aren't supposed to bend at the waist, and I wasn't supposed to pick up Mason, and I thought I was being really careful.  Sunday night around 11:00 I started getting a headache again.  DH immediately thought I had blown the plug (too much strain or pressure on the spinal cord can push the blood clot out and re-open the hole), but it wasn't nearly as bad a headache so I wasn't convinced.  By 2:45am, we had to call my parents and have them come sit with the kids so we could go to the ER.

I had blown the stupid plug, and had to get ANOTHER epidural for ANOTHER blood patch.  And to top it all off, the same stupid anesthesiologist was on call!  DH was ready to kill him.  With the first epi (during labor) it took 2 or 3 tries, then the first blood patch, and now this second blood patch took him 2 tries.  My back is just full of holes at this point! 

For now, the patch is holding and we're doing great.  But, I had to start the 72 hours over of not doing anything, and I have to either lay down or stand up.  So, I'm on my knees at the keyboard right now typing.  Luckily, DH is with Drew at the pedi's, otherwise he would think I was psycho!  Lol.

I'll get back on with pictures and updates as soon as I can sit on the stupid chair!

Re: Quick update

• Oh geez tsevere - please try to take it easy!

I'm praying for your quick recovery!!!

• Wow.

I think I'm glad I'm not getting an epi now. Ugh.

Keep up posted when you can!! ****HUGS*****
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh yuck.  I'm so sorry.
  • Ouch!  Stop nesting and start resting Damnit!

Hugs and Kisses.
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • OMG, Ive had that happen with ALL my births!!!

Isnt that just rediculous, some anesthesiologists should have liscenses taken away or something! I know that there are complications sometimes, but come on! 3 births for me total. and Ive had a total of 10 epidurals, and honestly Im afraid to ever have another child, just because of that. I think if I ever do I will just say the hell with the epidural I had natural birth so atleast I know what Im in for.
  • Oh that is horrible.  I didnt' realize there were so many complications.  I hope in a few days it finally heals.

If it does heal, is there another hospital you can go to? Then you'll get another anesteiologist for sure.

• oh no!!! Just lye down and take it easy.  hang in there!  Enjoy the help w/the kiddies while you can!
  • I hope you feel better! I can't read your whole post

:( because for whatever reason the whole spinal patch thing makes me queezy. I'm pathetic.

• Get some rest! Hope you get better soon! Thats a reason why epi makes me nervous!
  • Get some rest girl :-)
    ectopic 03/15/07 @ 9weeks; m/c 9.17.07 @ 6weeks ; m/c 04.02.09 @ 11weeks 1st Round of Clomid - 12/07/09; BFP 01/01/10; nonviable 01/18/10 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Man.  Sorry to hear you're going through all that.  Hope you have lots of good help at home!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • O man i wish there was something i could do to help.  Sorry this happened - take it easy. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sounds like it was a little rough. Congrats on your new bundle of joy!
    Proud Step Mom to Zachary 10-26-98
    Loving Wife to Billy 04-28-07
    Proud mom to Jeremy 08-15-08

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"