Secondary IF
Options

kellyloveszach

Did your OHSS get better before it got worse? I am freakin out that my OHSS has improved. Everything I've read says it'll get worse if you're pregnant, and mine is getting better. Just wanting to compare notes. TIA!

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011

Re: kellyloveszach

• Options

Mine was very mild, so it's hard to say.  I just had A LOT of cramping.  Between the retrieval and transfer I was basically bed ridden and they decided since I wasn't full of fluid to do the transfer, but it was my call.  Then it got increasingly better.  Overall it took almost until 6 weeks past retrieval to feel 100%, I was fine except if I tried to do too much.  If I cleaned or if I went on a playdate the cramping flared up and I was on the couch for a while again.  I felt like a horrible mom to DS.

So I guess my answer is it didn't get worse with the BFP.  So try and hold on to hope.  I am thinking the best for you. It would absolutely stink to go through IVF with OHSS and then not have a BFP.  It just wouldn't be fair.  GL>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    That makes me feel better. My fluid level is ok during the day but bad at night. I understand about the cleaning up or playdate thing. I tried reorganizing my son's toys and I'm cramping now. I feel bad that most of our Christmas break has been spent with me laying down! Thanks so much!
    Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie DS: Born 2007 TTC #2- Diagnosed with secondary infertility, after 18 months and failed IUIs, we achieved success with IVF #1 DD: Born 2011
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since I know you will get a BFP, when they do your ultrasound ask about your ovaries.  When I went in, I asked them to take a look to see what size they were.  It was amazing.  My left one was the size of a grapefruit and my right one slightly smaller.  I coined the term cantolopovaries.  I think REs should add it to their medical jargon.  LOL
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had an u/s done yesterday to look at my fluid levels and they checked the size of my ovary. It was 8 cm by 7 cm. Totally huge! I knew it got bigger but it was shocking! I like the term "cantaloupovaies". I'll have to use that! lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"