Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Beta #'s during m/c?

My RE discovered I had a blighted ovum 2 weeks ago. I stopped my progesterone injections and started spotting a few days later. One week later my HCG levels were 74,000! This week they were 59,000. Obviously they are going down but the RE thinks it might take a few months. Is this HCG really high for a m/c at 7-8 weeks? Thanks!

Re: Beta #'s during m/c?

• I'm sorry for your loss.  Your hCG is within the normal range for 7-8 weeks.  Our ranges in the lab are:

7-13 weeks: 23,000-291,000

It kind of skyrockets after 6 weeks and b.o.'s are notorious for having a good hCG level for a while before your body finally gets the memo.  It does take a while for the levels to go back down.  Mine weren't at zero until I was done bleeding, which was a long time (see siggy).  Are you planning on getting a D&C or doing it naturally?  Since a D&C removes the tissue faster, the numbers will tend to go down more quickly.  We are here if you have any more questions.  Take care.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My blighted ovum was discovered last Friday. On Friday, they were in the 8,000 range. On Monday my levels were at 4,000 so they were dropping pretty quickly. I've been lightly bleeding but not heavily and nothing has passed so I have no idea how long this is going to take.

I'm sorry you have to go through this .
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My beta levels were 33,000 this past Monday.  I would be about 8 weeks along.  I am not sure what they are doing but they were slowly increasing, the Friday before(not before the weekend but like a week and a weekend) my levels were 32,600. 
  • I also had blighted ovum. at discovery my levels were 40,000, and were down to what my OB considered 0 (less than 5) in about 6 weeks time. OB had me doing blood tests every week following m/c. I had natural m/c and they progressed pretty quickly down after that. I had AF exactly one month later.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"