Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

News Flash To My Uterus

It is not a viable pregnancy. Let it go! I mean, thank you body for being so great at holding onto a pregnancy, but after 2 rounds of miso and over 6 weeks (yes, you read that right) since the pregnancy stopped developing, it is time to let it go. I did bleed some for about a week and thought that I just got off easily. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right? But the u/s this morning showed a nice little sac still hanging out in there. I have a D&C scheduled for tomorrow morning. Ugh.

I feel kinda bad complaining because others are much worse off than me, but I'm over this!

Re: News Flash To My Uterus

• wow. i couldnt have held out so long. i think i should have just had the d&c instead of waiting this out...im pretty sure i passed the big parts, but i am miserable with pain. GL tmw..from what i hear its quick and easy..

Jacob Alexander 7/23/09
    Allergic to Dairy, Eggs and Peanuts Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Jameson Adam 6/1/11
    Allergic to Peas...so far Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I hope your D&C goes well tomorrow.  The wait is a real pain in the butt so it will be nice to finally be over it.  Good luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That's just the thing...I didn't even know I was still waiting. I thought since the bleeding stopped, the m/c was finished. Not so... I have even been lurking on TTCAL, hoping to join them soon. :(

Thanks for the thoughts.

• Sounds like me.  Mine was 3 weeks though and not 6. I was 10w when I had the D&C yesterday and found out at 7 it was likely not viable.  You might find that the D&C will be the easiest part of this horrific journey... at least I hope so. And you will finally have closure! And like you said, your body is GREAT at holding onto a pregnancy, so yay for a strong uterus/cervix!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I was lucky, my doctor confirmed that I was clear at my last appt.  I only had one round of misoprostal (Spelling?) tablets since my levels were still going up, and my body was not quite getting everything out by itself.  I just wanted cheap--doctors bills can rack up. 
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Oh that is horrible, you can complain away.  You make me realize that I was lucky that the miso worked for me.  I am sorry that you have to get a D&C after all your waiting -- I pray that it goes smoothly and you start to feel physically better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"