January 2011 Moms

NBR.....laptop suggestions

I need help when choosing a laptop....any suggestions would be great?!? TIA!!!

Re: NBR.....laptop suggestions

• I am a huge fan of macbooks.  They are more expensive than PCs but they last much longer and you don't have to worry about viruses.  I got this computer in 2006 and it still runs great.  I have never had to put antivirus software on because it is very hard to make a virus for a mac.  They also behave much the same as PCs now.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm also Mac fan. I got myself a MacBook Pro 15" last year, best computer I've ever had!

All my PC laptops have died within 1-2 years. 

• Loading the player...
  • Never had a Mac, but I promise my next pc/laptop will be a Mac. Heard nothing but good things about them.

That being said, I have a Dell laptop, a Dell pc, and an HP pc. Yes; 3 computers in my house; long story. The Dells are my favorite, but all three have had major issues within the first year- to include our 8-month-old HP catching fire. Most were things the warranty fixed. The Dell pc runs faster than the HP, and the HP is well over a year newer and was said to be 'equivalent'- ha. Not.

If you have the money, go for a Mac. Unless you have the money and usage needs for Alienware, which is also said to be incredible. (but expensive.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am also on the Mac bandwagon.  My first computer was an iMac and I used it for 10 years.  I had a PC and didn't like it, so now I have a MacBook Pro and I LOVE it!!
  • imageLittleGirl214:
    I am also on the Mac bandwagon.  My first computer was an iMac and I used it for 10 years.  I had a PC and didn't like it, so now I have a MacBook Pro and I LOVE it!!
    Ditto! (Except I don't know how to make links clicky when I post on the Bump!)
  • Yes, after having a lovely HP go on me 3 weeks AFTER the warranty was up...we saved and waited and waited and saved and I got my Macbook Pro a few months ago. Although I've felt like a 90-year-old woman trying to reteach my brain, it is pretty darn awesome. I haven't had it long enough to say it's def worth the money, but from what everyone says, it is.

We have had slight issues with some conversions...for instance, we still haven't purchased the program we need to convert our video files to a Mac-friendly format. 

• Thanks ladies!! I got a bonus at work so I might just go and treat myself!!! Mac it is!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"