January 2011 Moms

So many unknowns!

As I'm approaching my due date I'm realizing what a wonderful surprise this baby is going to be! I have no idea when she plans to come and no idea whatsoever how big she is. I've had no internals (first one is Wednesday at my 39 week appointment) so I don't know if I'm progressing at all and they have given no indication of her weight in any of our ultrasounds. I used to think a schedule c-section would freak me out - how do you sleep the night before!?! But now I don't sleep ever because I keep dreaming about her arrival! Anyone else have a total mystery on your hands?

Re: So many unknowns!

• I don't have a total mystery. They've told us her estimated weight at all of our ultrasounds. Right now, they think she'll be 7.5 pounds. But...I have no internals until week 39 so I don't know about any progress and like most pregnancies I don't know when she plans to arrive. It's hard not knowing, but I have so much to take care of right now I'm trying not to think about it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • I didn't sleep at all, I was soooo nervous. I think I slept for a total of 30 minutes, I didn't even sleep after the surgery because of how nervous I was. But!! It's SO worth it and the lack of sleep prepares you for the baby being home lol. I'm realizing more and more that I have no clue how to take care of a baby. He's been in the NICU since the 9th and I'm freaking out about when he comes home on how to feed, wash, change him although they let us change and feed him when we're there. This is where I can say that I now believe why people tell you that babies don't come with an instruction manual and damnit...they were right
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Complete and total mystery here for me as well... and my midwives won't even offer an internal to check progress until I am 41 weeks.  It's fun not knowing but it also drives me crazy at the same time.  I seriously can hardly wait to get this show on the road!!
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just scheduled my c-section date (breech baby) and its SO close! Can't believe I'll have another baby in a little over 2 weeks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I had an internal at 33 weeks and was 70% effaced, but not dilated.  Since then, total mystery.  I'll probably not have another one until "the day" or 40 week appt.  They gave me an estimated weight at 39 weeks of 7 lbs 5 oz based on my 19 week growth u/s, but I know that really means nothing.  I'm measuring right on track so she'll probably be fairly average, but who really knows.  DH and I put the over/under at 7 lbs.  DH thinks she'll be under, I think over but I also think she'll only be a little under or over either way.  No reason, just guessing.  All I know is my OB's office induces at 41 weeks if you go overdue.  Fingers crossed she comes in less than 2 weeks.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I've had two internals, but it's still a mystery to me! He can basically come at any time. My doctor also induces at 41 weeks so I know that if he doesn't come before then, the end date for this pregnancy will be January 24 which seems to far away.
  • It is a total mystery as to when the baby is coming.  It feels nerve-racking and exciting all at the same time.  I'm always thinking that in a few hours there could be a baby. At my 38 week appointment after an internal, the doctor mentioned she thought the baby would be here Christmas weekend.  Since that date is come and gone, I really wish she would have said nothing. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in the dark too, no internals, no ultrasounds except for one at 32 weeks and that was strictly to see if LO was breathing. The only thing I know is the EDD and that it is a boy.
  • I love the suspense of it! We don't even know our baby's sex. The last time I saw our bean was at our 16 week scan.

Funny thing, with my DD I had my first internal at 39 weeks 1 day. My midwife told me she would see me the following week b/c I was not even a fingertip. I had DD less than 48 hours later :)

Good luck ladies!

Photobucket
  • Yes, so many unknowns.  I do not have a planned c-section and I will not consider inducing until two weeks after my due date on 1/6.  My doc hasn't and basically won't discuss size because of the inaccuracies of trying to predict by bump size.  I did have an internal last week, fifteen days before my DD, and my cervix is closed tight.  It seems our LO is quite happy where she is for now.  I, almost compulsively, wonder when she will make her debut.

• I'm completely in the dark as well!  I haven't had an u/s since the anatomy scan back in second trimester so no idea as far as weight is concerned.  I had an internal at my 37 week appointment, but that's the only one I'll be having unless I go late.  And my midwife said I had started effacing, but that's all.  She said she wouldn't be surprised if I went into labor early considering his movement and apparent size.  I have no idea what that means, though!  So I'm basically freaking out thinking he could come any day now!  I don't even have a bag packed!  I'm so behind...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"