Adoption

Well... that was an eventful Christmas

So, we found out yesterday that my BIL has been doing meth.  My poor SIL was at her wits end and told my DH about it.  BIL overheard and got all pissy. At any rate, I guess he had finally admitted it to her the night before.  And he did finally admit it to my DH yesterday and say he wanted to get help.  Their family has a history of addiction with this drug and it's not been good.  So my DH is going crazy with worry.  They work for the same employer so I managed to get thru to the insurance company and check his benefits.  Thanksfully he's got recovery insurance.  Good insurance too.  So I got a list of some programs from them, and we had BIL call and make and appointment for evaluation for tomorrow morning.  So glad SIL said something.  She was ready to leave.  I guess things have been bad for a while, but she wasn't sure why until yesterday. 

So that was the drama yesterday.  My DH is now obsessed over talking to labor lawyer about BIL's rights with the employer.  He's feeling guilty he didn't see the signs before now. 

Anyway, other than that, it was an okay Christmas.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

Re: Well... that was an eventful Christmas

• That's really sad. I'm sorry to hear that. What a way to spend Christmas :(

Is your SIL your husband's sister or is it your BIL that is your husband's Brother? (if that makes sense!) 

• I'm sorry, that really sucks.  I hope he gets the help he needs.
    Left, Right
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry all of that happened.  It's so hard when you have to deal with something like that.  Hope he's able to get help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As long as he is seeking treatment, he is covered under ADA and they cannot fire him.  If he drops out of treatment and/or returns to drugs at the end of treatment, then they can fire him.  Not sure what his question is for a labor lawyer, but you can probably find one on here (I am not one, but I have seen this situation with a person I knew well and with an executive at a company I worked for). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"