Single Parents

Christmas went well at SD's grandparents!

My BFF and I took P up there yesterday, and it went really, really well!  First, his grandmother and I have made up, and I feel a lot better about that.  She offered my friend and I spiked eggnog, which I (gladly) took because I was stressed.  But we hung out for about an hour and half until P started to lose it because he badly needed a nap. 

The only thing that was a little awkward was SD's mom, she still wouldn't speak to me.  The took P in the other room to open gifts (which was odd anyways) and so when they were done I was trying to figure out who gave him what so I could send thank-you's.  His mom specifically wouldn't answer me when I asked what she got him and his sister had to answer for her.  Nice.  Then when she was saying good-by to P she said "you don't know me but you will...someday".  Like she's going to wait until SD can have him before she will know him.  Guess she'll be waiting a LONG time!

But everyone else was GREAT and I actually felt like they were MY family again, even though, obviously that's not true.  His grandfather kept hugging me and his grandparents asked if I could bring P up there again and I told them "of course".  So I think I'm going to try to do this at least once a month.  They are good people I think they just got confused because SD was manipulating them.  But I think they are on to him now.  It doesn't get much worse than where he is at now, considering that no one saw him on Christmas. 

So, all in all, I am very happy that we decided to go, and grateful to my wonderful friend who went along with me!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas went well at SD's grandparents!

• I'm so glad it went well overall. Seems like there was a lot of potential for disaster! Do they know SD gets NO visitation, or anything else that was decided in court last week?
  • No, they don't know that.  I didn't want to volunteer up that information.  His name NEVER came up.  It never does.  I have to wonder if HE will even tell them that's what happened (he was notified via mail).  I know it's the right thing and if they don't agree then I guess we'll be going back to things being awkward. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so happy his family was good to you...minus his mother. What in the world??? I'm wondering if she even speaks to him...I'm guessing you have no idea, but she probably blames you on that....you are a much better person that I could have been. I think I wouldh ave been tempted to let them in on the outcome of your court date. Did they know you had court??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagecgr8979:
    I am so happy his family was good to you...minus his mother. What in the world??? I'm wondering if she even speaks to him...I'm guessing you have no idea, but she probably blames you on that....you are a much better person that I could have been. I think I wouldh ave been tempted to let them in on the outcome of your court date. Did they know you had court??

I don't think he's in much of communication with any of his family.  I think that he is avoiding them because they don't agree with his actions and he's being a coward.  He doesn't want to listen to it, therefore he doesn't come around.

I didn't let them know the outcome of court.  I wasn't sure what to do about that.  It's the right thing, but I am concerned that they would be angry in some way.  Esp. his mom, the rest of them might've understood.  I know that revoking visitation is the right thing, however, they might not understand why I did it.  I did it for P, but they would probably be upset that he doesn't have the ability to see his son, even though he wasn't seeing him anyways.  My guess is he won't say a word to them about it.  Especially if they aren't on speaking terms anyways.

• I'm glad the visit went well with your son and his relatives!

It's pitiful though that SD's mother is acting that way. She needs to just realize that her son is a f up and not let that get in the way of her relationship with her grandbaby (because that's exactly what she's doing).

I was thinking of you and your LO yesterday! I'm glad to hear that overall it indeed went well!

• Glad to hear it went well. Seems like his grandparents are good people, and hopefully his mom will come around.
  • I'm glad your visit went (mostly) well. You are a better person than I am. DB's grandmother called me a few times in the last couple of weeks asking me to meet her so she could see DD and give us her xmas presents. I really just don't want to see anyone in his family. They've all lied to me and tried sneaking and plotting to take DD to see DB without my permission, so I do not want anything to do with them anymore.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • imageAshleyMichelle06:
    I'm glad your visit went (mostly) well. You are a better person than I am. DB's grandmother called me a few times in the last couple of weeks asking me to meet her so she could see DD and give us her xmas presents. I really just don't want to see anyone in his family. They've all lied to me and tried sneaking and plotting to take DD to see DB without my permission, so I do not want anything to do with them anymore.

Gosh, I don't blame you a bit.  That is just double crossing and no good at all.  I would have probably done the same thing if SD's fam had done that to me.  It's one thing to be blind to your idiot X and his ways but to try to take her to him without your permission is totally crossing the line.

• Oh that's great that it went well!  Sorry to hear about his mother... dontcha just love when someone has to say something snide through conversation with your kid...argh.  Maybe if you continue to cultivate the relationship with the sister and grandparents, the mother won't be such a jerk.  Maybe she'll eventually see what she's missing?  Good luck though!  I hope it works out!
  • I'm glad to hear it went well, and that P's great-grandparents have come around. I know they'll appreciate getting to see him more often and enjoying all his cuteness! Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"