Single Parents

XP from PAL: He didn't come home last night

I passed out watching TV around 10:30. Around that time he sent me a msg saying that he might stay at his friend's house bc he was drinking and having fun. I didn't see that one until about 1:30 when he sent me another msg saying he was already at his friend's house because he didn't want to drive home. I didn't respond to him at all. At 8:30 this morning I get another message saying "Good morning so sorry about last night. JP and I were hanging out and I didn't want to drive home drunk. S (JP's wife) came to pick us up I'll come home as soon as they get up and take me to my car."

I have been so good. I didn't shed one tear, or even bat an eye. I am so disappointed he is doing this to us at Christmas, but I KNOW in my heart he has some underlying issue that is causing him to be this way. He's still not home and I don't even care. N is napping, I've got the tree lit, and about to wrap some gifts and drink some egg nog. I will have a Merry Christmas, with or without him.:)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP from PAL: He didn't come home last night

• Keep your focus on your son and having a merry Christmas :)  Are you going anywhere or just staying home?  I would just continue your Christmas plans as usual, with or without your H.
  • imagebradyg927:
    Keep your focus on your son and having a merry Christmas :)  Are you going anywhere or just staying home?  I would just continue your Christmas plans as usual, with or without your H.

My parents live just down the road so we were going to spend the holiday with them. Tomorrow we are having dinner at our house with my parents and his parents. Hopefully this will make him see how lucky he is to have all of us and make him come to his senses. N and I went over to my parents for breakfast this morning without him. It felt good to keep going with my plans, and we had fun without all of the tension of having him around.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.  I am too, and my DH didn't come home either last night.  He got home finally around 8am, and we did talk but things like this have been going on for a few weeks now and I'm done with crying.  I guess I'm on the acceptance stage.  Whatever.  I too am just focusing on my boys and making sure their Christmas is fantastic.  My toddler is going to love his play kitchen, and it'll get set up whether DH helps me or I have to drag it up from the basement myself! 

Keep your chin up, girl!

• image*KC*luvs*RJ*:

I'm so sorry you're going through this right now.  I am too, and my DH didn't come home either last night.  He got home finally around 8am, and we did talk but things like this have been going on for a few weeks now and I'm done with crying.  I guess I'm on the acceptance stage.  Whatever.  I too am just focusing on my boys and making sure their Christmas is fantastic.  My toddler is going to love his play kitchen, and it'll get set up whether DH helps me or I have to drag it up from the basement myself! 

Keep your chin up, girl!

I remember you from the month boards so I'm sorry to see you are having troube!

OP: I'm glad you can keep moving forward with plans without him. Just be prepared for whatever may come of this time.

Do what is best for you though. If he decides he wants to stay with you and you realize that's not what you want, then you leave. You and your LO deserve to be happy and you don't need to constantly be walking on eggshells trying to figure out what's going on with him.

Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagecoraandmike:

I passed out watching TV around 10:30. Around that time he sent me a msg saying that he might stay at his friend's house bc he was drinking and having fun. I didn't see that one until about 1:30 when he sent me another msg saying he was already at his friend's house because he didn't want to drive home. I didn't respond to him at all. At 8:30 this morning I get another message saying "Good morning so sorry about last night. JP and I were hanging out and I didn't want to drive home drunk. S (JP's wife) came to pick us up I'll come home as soon as they get up and take me to my car."

I have been so good. I didn't shed one tear, or even bat an eye. I am so disappointed he is doing this to us at Christmas, but I KNOW in my heart he has some underlying issue that is causing him to be this way. He's still not home and I don't even care. N is napping, I've got the tree lit, and about to wrap some gifts and drink some egg nog. I will have a Merry Christmas, with or without him.:)

I'm sorry your going through a rough time but never excuse his bad behavior. One of my friends got cheated on (not saying your being cheated on but he is showing bad behavior nonetheless) and she would always excuse his bad behavior. Because there were there children involved she went to counseling and 3 years after the divorce she still remembers the day her counselor pointed out that she was excusing his bad behavior and even taking fault for it. You just need to be careful of that because it's easy to do when your hurting because your desperate to find some way to make sense of it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"