January 2011 Moms
Options

still hiccuping?

My LO still gets the occasional hiccups..does anyone else still experience these? Do they last til we get to meet LO?

Re: still hiccuping?

• Options
    I still feel them. I hadn't felt them much until someone mentioned them on Turkey Day. Then all of a sudden, she's been a hiccuping fool - at least once a day. No idea how long they last though for the pregnancy.
    Started TTC in 2007
    Dx w/ PCOS 3/08
    IUI 11/09, BFP 11/26/09, Missed m/c 1/4/10, D&C 1/6/10
    "We miss our little 'Ziggy' every day!"
    Dx with mild Hypothyroidism 4/2010
    Surprise BFP 5/28/10, Nicole born on 1/19/2011 via C-Section
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO still has the hiccups every once and a while....and sometimes it's annoying, it depends on my position when it makes it annoying. They probably will last till we get to meet them because their lungs are still developing...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can feel them every night when I lay down. So cute.
  • Options

i'm sure everyone's pregnancies differ but i still feel him hiccuping and i've got about 10days until my EDD. my little guy hiccuped A LOT & they do seem to have slowed at this point but I still feel them & actually see my belly move with them. i started to notice them in Oct around 28/30wks & would notice them every few days & then it went to multiple times a day (probably 6-7 times a day). now it's probably more like once or twice a day.

i was sitting talking with my boss the other day when he saw my tummy move out of the corner of his eye, so i told him those were hiccups he could see. after a few he could see it was rhythmic, he thought it was so bizarre but i have to admit, i love it! before i got pregnant people would tell me about them & it seemed like they thought they were really annoying but i love feeling them...it's going to be weird not feeling all of that going on in there once my little guy gets here!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My LO hiccups at least once/day - I asked my OB about it and she said that there are a number of tests that doctors use to test a baby en utero to determine if they are meeting developmental milestones and hiccups are supposed to be the last thing that they look for. If your baby hiccups it means that it is developing really well :)
  • Options
    Yes, I still feel them almost every day. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
    blog : us doing things
    | married : 08.06.05 | sweet isla mae arrived : 01.15.11 |
  • Options

Yes, I had hiccups with my DS until the end multiple times a day. Even after he was born he would hiccup a lot. That was the only time I ever missed being pregnant. It was really surreal to see him hiccup as a newborn after feeling them in my belly for so long.

DD doesn't get the hiccups too often. Every few days, but not like DS did.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, I still feel hiccups. I think they're hiccups, anyway. I feel pulsing near my rear end. LOL!
  • Options

Yup. LO gets the hiccups at least once a day, most days twice. I kinda like it. :D I think it's cute.

Well, when he's not fluffing his pillow (AKA, my bladder).

• Options
    My LO gets them all the time still.
  • Options
    LO had them this morning.
  • Options
    She hiccups all the time.  Way more now than before.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Actually, I didn't feel hiccups at all during the 2nd tri when they said you would - just tons of kicking.  The last month, he hiccups constantly - several times a day or night for up to 30 minutes at a time.
  • Options
    I don't feel them often at all but my IRL friend felt her LO have them continuously to the end of her pregnancy and then after he was born he would hiccup almost every night.  I believe he has stopped recently though (12 weeks old).
  • Options
    Yes, and then when they are born you will hear them firsthand.  My LO has had the hiccups quite often the last couple days. :)
  • Options
    I'm 37w on Monday and my kid still hiccups several times a day - every single day.  My doctor says that "hiccups are generally a good sign of well-being" - for whatever that's worth.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"