2nd Trimester
Options

Carrying baby low/pelvic floor pressure

I haven't been following the tri-boards during this pregnancy so excuse me if this has been asked recently.

I am 25 weeks.  I've had a lot of pelvic floor pressure and aching (like a dull ache) during this pregnancy.  It started less than a month ago.  I did call my OB when it initially got bad, was told it was just due to this being my second pregnancy, if no cramping/bleeding not to worry, etc etc.  Brought it up again at my prenantal visit yesterday and my OB seemed more concerned.  She checked me - cervix is closed, but she could feel the baby's head easily - he/she is very very low.  He/she is still floating and not engaged which made my OB happier, but she is still concerned - although not worried, and she told me to not worry so much yet.  She considered bed rest, but instead just ordered me to stay off my feet, no exercise, aside from stretching for sciatic nerve pain.  Said bedrest will probably come if this stays the same.  I am to call/go in with any increase in pressure or aching and will see her again in 3 weeks.  Her main concern is preterm labor given I dilated early with DD and delivered at 38 weeks.  She seemed to think that I wont go full-term this time.

Is anyone else in a similar boat?  Or did you experience something similar with a previous pregnancy?  I had a completey uneventfull and easy pregnancy and delivery with DD so this is foreign to me.

Re: Carrying baby low/pelvic floor pressure

• Options
    Because of my torso and shape of my ute I carried both boys and this one so far very low and had constant pressure on my pelvis and spine. I feel the need to pee 24/7 and sometimes the pressure hurts very bad and I have to lay down to get the pressure off. I was on bedrest with the 1st because of it. With 2 already and working full time I dont think I could handle bedrest this time. Just take it easy and trust your body.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    This exactly is happening to me now. I told my OB about it yesterday. Mine started around 16 weeks, so they wanted to check my cervical length to make sure I don't having an incompetent cervix. Everything looked great on u/s, my kid just likes to hang out really low in my pelvis and make me uncomfortable. My OB doesn't seem worried, but at my next appointment I am going to ask if it needs any additional follow up. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

With DS I went into pre-term labor at 30 weeks and was put on bedrest and had him at 38 weeks.  This time around after having pressure and lots of BHs they have decided to give me weekly progesterone injections which have seemed to take care of most if not all of my BHs and pressure.  Maybe you should ask your doctor if this is an option for you.  The shots do sting since they are give in the back of your hip but well worth it if you ask me. Good luck with everything

• Options

Is there any way they can order a transvaginal US for you to rule out a short cervix?

I felt pelvic pressure during my second pregnancy for a little while. And after deciding to go in an see my doc instead of going to work (since I was only told to go to the ER the night before if it got worse), I was found to be fully dilated but lost my son since tests showed my fluid was fully infected.

I'm not trying to scare you or further negate your feelings but just trying to help. It would only help to rule out cervical insufficiency which ironically, I never experienced during my first pregnancy.

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Options
    imagebuggles:

Is there any way they can order a transvaginal US for you to rule out a short cervix?

I felt pelvic pressure during my second pregnancy for a little while. And after deciding to go in an see my doc instead of going to work (since I was only told to go to the ER the night before if it got worse), I was found to be fully dilated but lost my son since tests showed my fluid was fully infected.

I'm not trying to scare you or further negate your feelings but just trying to help. It would only help to rule out cervical insufficiency which ironically, I never experienced during my first pregnancy.

Oh my, I'm so sorry.

My OB didn't seem overly worried - just concerned.  Aside from ordering me to take it easy and avoid any long periods of standing and walking, she just wants to see me again sooner than normal and I am to call or drop in with any further symptoms.  I've felt generally ok today - but then I've also avoided the things I normally do.  I will bring up the cervical insufficiency to her the next time I go in (whether it's for  my next appointment or sooner if I drop in to be checked again).  I'll also bring up the progesterone shots if my cervix shows any other progress.
  • Options

your post scared me a bit.... i have tremendous pelvic pressure.  my tailbone is killing me.  if i touch it, it feels like i'm poking myself with a knife.  no fun.  my first pregnancy was great, so easy, no issues at all.  this baby seems to have settled so much lower, so early on.  i told my ob/gyn about it last month (although it wasnt as bad as it has been recently) and she said that 2nd babies seem to settle lower.  she also said that with baby #2 we are doind so much more physical stuff (ie. carrying around a toddler), that we are strained a lot more.  it makes sense, it just is annoying not to be feeling your best possible (at lease to me it is).

i think this is also the reason i have not really been enjoying sex, as everything is so low, and there does not seem to be enough room in there... if that makes sense lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"