January 2011 Moms

Does your hospital/city do anything for New Year's newborns?

Since so many January mom's are going into labor early, it got me wondering if I would. Wouldn't it be cool to deliver on New Year's at 12:01 a.m.? Our hospital and our city gives the first newborn of the year a nice gift basket filled with gift certificates, diaperes, coupons, etc. Baby is also usually featured on the news. (My city is about 100,000 people.)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers www.theartlips.blogspot.com

Re: Does your hospital/city do anything for New Year's newborns?

• imagemjartlip:

Since so many January mom's are going into labor early, it got me wondering if I would. Wouldn't it be cool to deliver on New Year's at 12:01 a.m.? Our hospital and our city gives the first newborn of the year a nice gift basket filled with gift certificates, diaperes, coupons, etc. Baby is also usually featured on the news. (My city is about 100,000 people.)

The town I grew up in gave tons of free stuff in addition to what you said above (news, newspaper, etc) but I'm not sure about the town I live in now. It's a pretty sweet deal to have that first baby!
  • I see it as kind of a runners up gift because they barely missed that tax credit lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • My EDD is 1/3/11 so all along we've joked that it'd be fun to have a New Year's Baby. I knew the New Years babies here are featured in the local newspaper but my co-worker claims they get a ton of freebies & gifts too. I'd just love to have the little newspaper article as a memento & to be able to say my sons' B-day is 1/1/11...fingers crossed Wink.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm due on the 1st, but our hospital doesn't do anything for the first baby of the new year. The local news usually runs a small story, but that's about it. 
  • I looked up last year's New Year's Baby and he got a little gift basket and $100.00 savings bond.

• I know the local paper runs a story, but I don't know if they do any of the gifts.  And the first baby of last year wasn't born until January 2nd here! 
    "Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"