Georgia Babies
Options

need road trip ideas

So I was up off an on all night taking care of Lily.  I'm so tired.

I *think* it is teething pain keeping her up and so cranky.  Nothing seems wrong with her ears.  Around 3 a.m. she woke up screaming and refused to go back to sleep.  But my child never seems to pull on her ears when she has an infection.  Oh, and now she is super cranky and tired becuase she didn't sleep last night.  I have tried off brand tylenol, orajel, teethers.....as far as I can tell it is her molars.  How can I be sure its not her ears again?  I don't want to waste a trip to the doctor.

I am so looking forward to a long drive tomorrow with a screaming teething 1 year old. Do you have any ideas how to entertain her for long periods of time?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: need road trip ideas

• Options
    No advice on the teething. The only thing that's ever worked for Abigail is Hyland's Teething Tablets and they got recalled. :o/
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I think Motrin works better than Tylenol for teething.  What time are you leaving?  If you have time I would at least get her checked out.  It is better to have her well before Christmas and the road trip than to deal with a sick baby on the road.  I hate running to the doctor but 9 times out of 10 Ava ended up with an antibiotic when we went.  DH took her yesterday b/c she has had a horrible cough for 2 weeks @ night and we are about to go to FL for a week.  Turns out she has to be on an antibotic.  The only problem is DH took her and I don't know her official diagnosis.  I knew I should have had him put me on speaker phone when we went!  But I would rather be safe than sorry. 

As far as entertaining nothing works better than a good ol' DVD player with her favorite show.  We go between Elmo and Yo Gabba Gabba on our trips.  Also lots of snacks and drinks too. 

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would also have her ears checked before you leave, especially if she is unusually cranky. I have also found that motrin was better for teething. As far as entertainment goes my ipone or portable dvd player is my BFF! I just loaded all Toy Story Movies, Cars and Yo Gabba Gabba episodes on my phone so that I can survive our plane ride. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely switch to motrin and see if that helps.  I would get her ears checked, just to be on the safe side.  Believe me, I know what you mean about the dr. visits.  We pay $60- $120 a month for copays not including the scripts. Hopefully we'll see less of the pedi after his tubes are put in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageally-cat:
    . Hopefully we'll see less of the pedi after his tubes are put in.
    I hope you do!!  That was us at the beginning of the year.  Yesterday was Ava's first sick appointment since getting her tubes put in in June.  And it wasn't an appointment for an ear infection.  Good luck!!
    photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"