North Dakota Babies

BF finally had her baby!

Kelsey Cecelia was born at 9:13 PM last night.  She was due on 12/12 and was finally induced at 41w2d on Tuesday night since she had to wait for her OB to return from vacation.  I haven't gotten the full story yet, but I'm guessing that they just got to the point where it was getting dangerous for her to continue to try for a vaginal birth and she had to have an emergency c-section last night.  I feel awful because I know that she was terrified of it ending that way.  She texted me that the c-section was so scary and she was so upset going into it.  I keep tearing up this morning thinking about it.  I know all that matters is that she has a healthy baby now, but she doesn't do well with pain and I think the recovery is going to be really hard on her.  As I'm sure you can all guess, she will be spending Christmas in the hospital as she won't be released until Monday :(

(ETA: Cecelia is her grandmom & aunt's name & they are very honored!)

Re: BF finally had her baby!

• Update: She called me this morning.  After 24 hours of labor, the baby wasn't dropping and she couldn't get past 7 cm (she was 3 cm when admitted 24 hours earlier.)  Her OB told her that he didn't foresee any further progress happening and told her that she needed the c-section because within the next two hours, things were going to become dangerous for her and her baby.  She didn't feel like she had a choice at that point and her husband was scared so they prepped her for surgery.  She is in so much pain and is really upset about the whole situation.  On the upside, she has a beautiful baby girl (who has even more dark hair than when my Caroline was born) and she latched on to nurse already.

I am so excited to have my BF have a baby so close to my own!  Now I have to figure out when I can squeeze in a hospital visit with the holidays...

• Congrats to your friend and vibes for a speedy recovery. Just keep reminding her that the outcome was a healthy baby girl.
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats to your friend! Glad everyone is healthy. :)
  • imageMrs.PsyD:
    Congrats to your friend and vibes for a speedy recovery. Just keep reminding her that the outcome was a healthy baby girl.

This!

image   image
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"