Single Parents

If you have a SO - re: introducing the DC

Okay, so if you have a SO, how did you know it was the right time to introduce them to your kid(s)? I have been with my boyfriend for like 7-8 weeks or something. I know I'm not ready yet, because I feel like that is such a huge step, but how did you know that YOU were ready? He asks about my kids, we talk about them, he seems genuinely interested in that aspect of my life, but right now, I don't know, I kind of like that they are seperate. I know that ultimately if things with him and I progress, I will eventually have to merge those two parts of my life, but it just seems so far off right now.
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45

Re: If you have a SO - re: introducing the DC

• About 2 weeks. :) It was during the exH wasn't ever taking L, so those two parts of my life merged rather quickly.

Oh well.  it has worked out.   BF and I have been together for a year now!   We just need to get over this year hump we/I are/am having. :p

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I think it depends on the age of the child. Mine was 10 months and I met SO when DD was with me. We've probably only been on 5 dates total without DD. (we've been together 9 months)

Of course I worried that she'd get attached (which she has) and it might hurt her if the relationship ended. But so far SO is a total keeper and as far as I can tell he feels the same way about me.

In general I would say that if your relationship is serious it's time to talk to the older children about him and see if they want to meet him.

Does he have kids?

• Loading the player...
  • imageThePunkyMonkey:

In general I would say that if your relationship is serious it's time to talk to the older children about him and see if they want to meet him.

Does he have kids?

He doesn't have any kids of his own. My oldest does know about him, but the little ones don't. I have talked to the oldest about meeting him and he has expressed an interest, but I haven't really broached this subject w/ SO just yet. Truth be told, I'm still kind of feeling him out ;) He has met some of my family though, so things are for sure moving forward.

Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/9/11 - 34:24 - 1st race evah!
    Kelly Monaghan's 5K - 5/15/11 - 3rd Place in AG
    Walk the Talk 5K - 5/18/11 - 31:12 PR
    Ridley Run 3.1 - 4/14/12 - 1st race of the year, 32:45
  • imageMominator:
    imageThePunkyMonkey:

Does he have kids?

He doesn't have any kids of his own. My oldest does know about him, but the little ones don't. I have talked to the oldest about meeting him and he has expressed an interest, but I haven't really broached this subject w/ SO just yet. Truth be told, I'm still kind of feeling him out ;) He has met some of my family though, so things are for sure moving forward.

If you are ready then I would just say "When you're ready to meet my kids, I'd like that very much." 

Really, you need to know if he can handle being a father figure if things are going to move forward. If he can't or doesn't want to then I can't see how you'd continue building a relationship.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"