TTC After a Loss
Options

***TTA Ladies***

Good morning! I don't think a TTA post has been done this week so I thought I would check in with everyone. My week has been hectic since I'm taking care of my SKs this week during their winter break. I will try and make every effort to log back in and catch up on the responses. (I had to post & run last week, sorry!)

How are you coping with TTA this week?

If you are doing well...are there any tips/advice you can pass along to the rest of the TTA ladies?

QOTW: If you were required to pick just one meal to eat for the rest of your life...what would it be?

Natural MCs 2/4/09, 8/22/09 & 4/7/10
Dx with Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome (APS)
BFP #4 5/14/12
5/17/12...1st Betas- 176, P4 3.6
5/22/12...2nd Betas- 207, P4 6.1 (MC confirmed)

Re: ***TTA Ladies***

• Options

How am I coping? TTA TODAY is going smoothly. I've noticed that my mood fluctuates wildly between being at peace and being pissed! At this moment (Wednesday morning) I'm doing fine but I know I'm going to get restless this weekend when my body starts gearing up to ovulate. I just have to try harder to hang in there!

Tips? A while back Izabella22 mentioned doing a gratitude journal. I don't do an entry every single day but when I do it helps me focus on the few blessings I do have in my life.

QOTW: I LOVE food (except lame sandwiches)! If I had to pick my favorite meal I would have to go with Steak and Fried Shrimp with a Baked Potato on the side. I order this almost every time we go out if it's on the menu. I suck at cooking steak at home so that's why it's such a huge treat for me.

BFP #4 5/14/12
  • Options

How are you coping with TTA this week?

I'm doing okay, up and down.

If you are doing well...are there any tips/advice you can pass along to the rest of the TTA ladies?

Wine, lots and lots of wine! But seriously I'm doing a lot of what I don't do in the 2ww, so it seems like a treat for me, which makes me appreciate it a little more. Obviously, I'd give it all up to be pregnant but for now indulging is fun. 

QOTW: If you were required to pick just one meal to eat for the rest of your life...what would it be?

Filet mignon and crab legs with lemon butter, asparagus and a spinach salad with oil and vinegar dressing. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How are you coping with TTA this week? Not very well, I've been researching inherited downs syndrome (which my nephew has) and if my bro is his father and I'm also a carrier the chances are pretty high that with that translocation I will have repeated miscarriages and also carry almost double the risk of having a baby with downs syndrome. So my coping is out the window, I'm just clinging to the sad hope that my brothers wife who is a giant slut and my bro isn't the father... or that somehow I magically am not a carrier of this. Basically IVF w/ PGD would be the only hope of having a normal healthy baby.  

QOTW: If you were required to pick just one meal to eat for the rest of your life...what would it be? Oh dear, that would be too hard. I love food and bore easily... but I suppose chicken broccoli alfredo. Love that stuff!

• Options

TTA is going okay this week.  I think I ovulated last week, so now I'm just impatiently counting down the days to CD1.  Next cycle is go time.

I found out yesterday that the fetal pathology test from my D&C came back as normal, so I'm now feeling a lot more anxiety about TTC.  I just wish I had an answer as to what happened the first time, and preferably something I could consider a fluke.

As far as eating only one food for the rest of my life goes, I would probably choose a nachos supreme dish.  I loooove nachos. :)

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options

itsmegin- Indulging is always fun! I'm glad you've found the silver lining to TTA. Sadly, I'm not much of a wine connoisseur. I will be enjoying some tequila this weekend though. A few shots and I can cope with almost anything. Filet mignon....yum!

Izabella22- Refresh my memory...has the doctor started to run the testing and you're still waiting for the results? When I was dx with APS I did a lot of research and the "worst case scenario" information was so discouraging and scary. I'm so sorry that you're in limbo. I'm hoping and praying that you are not a carrier. Don't ever hesitate to PM me if you need to vent. I'm here for you and so are all these other wonderful ladies ((huge hugs)).

Lindsey8301- I'm sorry you didn't get any answers from the pathology report. I know it would make us all feel better if we could pinpoint and blame something in particular for our loss(es). When we don't get an answer...it makes our loss seem even more senseless. On a brighter note, I'm loving your nachos idea! It's my favorite movie treat. If I don't get nachos at the theater, it just feels "wrong" lol

BFP #4 5/14/12
  • Options

Right now we're TTA for 2 months since I got my uterine septum re-sected on Monday. I am happy to at least be on the right path. I'm on Premarin for 30 days plus antibiotics for 7 (one that you cannot be on while PG), so at least I feel good about TTA (because if we didn't, I'd likely m/c or cause birth defects). I would love to jump right back into TTC but the break has probably been good for emotional healing.

Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageTapatio:

Izabella22- Refresh my memory...has the doctor started to run the testing and you're still waiting for the results? When I was dx with APS I did a lot of research and the "worst case scenario" information was so discouraging and scary. I'm so sorry that you're in limbo. I'm hoping and praying that you are not a carrier. Don't ever hesitate to PM me if you need to vent. I'm here for you and so are all these other wonderful ladies ((huge hugs)).

They are scheduling me to meet w/ a genetic counselor but its all pending that paternity test for my nephew. I haven't had any testing done yet, but they did do a genetic workup on my nephew and yeah, basically I'm screwed if I carry that gene defect. His is the rare form of inherited downs. There are several really big Ifs (even his mother questions whether my bro is the father... ugh) but I'm a worrier and it would add up about my 2 losses... I am hoping they were just "bad luck" as the doctor says. One minute wishing for an answer and testing, the next I wish there were no real reason at all. Its just so confusing. Thanks for your good thoughts, I'm trying to keep those big ifs in perspective but I could use all the good juju I can get *HUGS*

• Options

Coping:

I'm doing okay this week. I just had Gallbladder surgery yesterday, and I haven't been temping at all this cycle just because I knew it was going to be a pointless cycle for gathering any kind of useful info..I didn't know how my vacation and surgery would play into my temps so I just said screw it. It's been kind of freeing not worrying about temping every morning!

Tips: I don't really have any...I would jump on the TTC train in a heart beat if I could.

QOTW:  BREAKFAST!!! :)

**All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"