Parenting after 35

My poor DH

If you didn't know my DH is so outnumbered by girls in our house that I am beginning to feel sorry for him just a little. All of us girls give him a hard time. Just yesterday he spent all day waiting for UPS to deliver a drum set that is his Christmas present.  He was worse than a little boy who can't wait for Christmas morning.  He went to the door every time he heard a vehicle outside.  So by the time I got home at 5, they still had not been delivered. 

My 12 yr old proceeded to tell me that "dad's just like a little boy about his present"  The only words of advice I could offer her was to remember that boys really never grow up. We shamelessly all had fun teasing him til his drums arrived at 8:15 pm.

He is a Varsity Girls softball coach so he is home for Christmas break and will have time to play with his new drum set.  BTW, the drum set is going into the detached garage.

I have a new mission of keeping him healthy because he does have a lot of entertainment value.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My poor DH

• Funny! I think its cute when DH acts like an excited little boy about something. Its part of why I fell in love with him!
  • Your "boy" needs a male puppy to help even the numbers!

My neighbor's the same way... wife, three daughters, female dog.  And he's a big military officer type!

• Loading the player...
  • Is he a good drummer? Btw, I love the new pic's!
  • Hee hee... cute!

I love your new pictures!  Teagan really looks like her sisters, and they're all beautiful girls! 

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Great, now I know what it will be like for me as I am the only girl in the house (with a male dog & cat)! 
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • imageateytelb:
    Is he a good drummer? Btw, I love the new pic's!

Thanks and he is just now learning to play.  I almost make me sad on how mature my older girls are getting but that is what it is all about. 

• imagersd12:
    Great, now I know what it will be like for me as I am the only girl in the house (with a male dog & cat)! 

I think it would be fun to be the only girl because you can always be the princess.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"