North Carolina Babies

NBR: Help me decorate

It is crazy dead at work...So of course I'm off task. hehe.  

As I mentioned in the Christmas poll, we're redoing our living/dining room. It is actually one big room, sharing a huge wall.

On the dining room side, we will be hanging up this picture. We have a cherry/dark wood dining room table, and will have red curtains. The walls are tan (well, will be once we finish painting!).

On the living room side, the walls are the same color. I think we will put up darker tan, or chocolate brown curtains. We are getting a new couch & chair, and the color scheme we're going with is red, chocolate, olive-ish green, and gold (this is some fabric I'm considering for the chair & couch pillows, with a solid olive/tan couch). The furniture will be traditional--we're considering this line. We'll get some new end tables in a dark wood stain.

So, I need something relatively large to hang over the couch, as the wall it shares with the dining room is huge. The picture in the dining room is pretty large--30" x 40".

I'm considering these two:

For either option, I'd probably hang a candle sconce on either side of it. Which do you like best, and think goes best with the dining room picture, color scheme, etc?

Or have you seen anything else that might look good there? We wouldnt' want to spend much more than $100.

TIA!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: NBR: Help me decorate

• I personally like #2 best and think it goes well with everything else you have shown.
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like #2 better too.  I think it's warmer than #1.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree.  Assuming the size looks proportional, I like #2.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like #2 better. I think it's softer and will make it more "homey" and inviting!
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• I'm deviating from everyone and saying number 1. I think it will add more architectural interest and break up all the brown. As someone with a TON of brown in her living room, I can tell you it's a good idea to break it up a bit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to go with uncjules and vote for number 1. I think it will be a break from all the tan and also go better with the other picture in your dining room.

Do you mind sharing where you found those iron pieces (#1)? I've been looking for something similar...maybe that's why I like it best. :) Thanks!

• imageHeels.Fan03:

I'm going to go with uncjules and vote for number 1. I think it will be a break from all the tan and also go better with the other picture in your dining room.

Ditto! I like #1

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • imageHeels.Fan03:

Do you mind sharing where you found those iron pieces (#1)? I've been looking for something similar...maybe that's why I like it best. :) Thanks!

Sure! It's WroughtIronStore.com

Here's the link to those.

• Oh, and I also found these at JCPenney for half the price! Very similar.

• imageMrsHughesNC:
    Oh, and I also found these at JCPenney for half the price! Very similar.

Great! Thanks so much!

• How about this:

imageIt's at Pier 1 for $50 and is large.

Or these:

Also @ Pier 1 and $50 each.

Otherwise, I would consider finding a piece of art with lots of cream/ivory in it. I think that would really look great with all the dark rich colors you are using. 

Not that you really asked, but I think if you are doing red curtains in the dining room, it'd be good to use the same ones in the living room since they share the space.  If it were me, I'd use ivory linen curtains in both spaces, but that's my tendency anyway. Smile

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"