Saturday morning around 5am, I woke up with a slight fever, but took some Tylenol and drank some fluids and it went away. I went to lunch with a couple friends and I started getting chills really bad to the point I was shivering. We left and went to CVS to get a themometer. I checked my blood pressure and it was really high (completely unusual for me) and checked my temperature which was 101. I decided to go to the hospital and get checked since we were right around the corner. When I got there my heart rate and the baby's heart rate were both very high. They took a bunch of blood to run tests and gave me IV fluids. It turned out that I was severely dehydrated, my white blood cell count was high and I had protein in my urine. Since there was protein in my urine along with high blood pressure and swelling, they thought I might have preeclempsia. So, after 3 liters of fluids, they got my temperature down and my blood pressure lower and sent me to collect my urine for 24 hours.
I continued to have a fever once I got home, but was told I didn't need to come back unless it went over 101. Monday morning I broke my fever and got my test results back. The doctor said that the results of my urine came back on the low side of abnormal, which meant mild preeclampsia.
I had an appointment today and doc said that they will not let me go more than another week because it will be dangerous for me. So, long story short, if Tori doesn't come on here own before Tuesday, they will induce me on Tuesday, Dec. 28th which will be 38 weeks. I'm on bed rest in the mean time.
The crazy thing is that she is being named after my mom who passed away 3 years ago and whose birthday happens to be Dec. 28th!
Sorry this is so long, but I thought I'd put the details in case anyone else is going through something similar.