Single Parents

Christmas came early for me and P!

::drumroll please::

The voodoo dolls and good vibes worked, SD DID NOT show up to court this am.  We got everything we wanted! 

NO visitation, unless and until he completes a parenting class and files a motion to petition to have the visits reinstated.

I keep my 401(k) and house and we both keep our respectives vehicles (this was all stuff that we didn't decide when the divorce was finalized by bifurcation). 

So, in short, it's going to be a great Christmas!  I am ecstatic and so relieved.  Is it to early to have a bottle of wine?? 

Thanks for all of your positive vibes and energy ladies!  Love you all!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christmas came early for me and P!

• I am so freaking happy for you!!! Merry Christmas to you and P!!!
  • What a massive relief!!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • That's so awesome!  Many congrats!!!!  Definitely a fantastic Christmas with that outcome :)
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I was just thinking about you!! YAY Achase, and yay SD for being an absolute SD!!!! I will look for him in the sky with his red cape on with the letters SD written on it!!!
  • I have been thinking of you lots today!  I am glad that the judge got it right and that you will have the peaceful christmas that you deserve!
  • Yay yay yayyy! This post makes me so incredibly happy for you and P. And just in time for Christmas too! Congrats, you and P deserve it!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Good for you and your son! That's exactly what happened to my mom and so of course my mom got full custody and he got no visitation rights at all. That was the best thing that ever happened to my sister and I!

I wanted to also let you know that in one of your blog posts you had talked about SD's mother. My sperm donor's mother actually had chewed my mom out once because my mom wouldn't bail him out of jail when he got caught with possession of meth. This was right after the cops had to bring my sister and I to my mom's work because they had to arrest him while he was at home with us alone. That was the final straw for her and that night he took all of his stuff and packed in garbage bags and dropped in off on his mothers front lawn. Sperm donor's mother actually thought that my mother was a terrible person for not standing by her man even though he had been jailed numerous times for posession and selling meth, speed... you name it. I think she was hoping my mother would be his saving grace.

• That is wonderful! I know its a big weight off your shoulders! Merry Christmas!!
  • imagemonica93555:

Good for you and your son! That's exactly what happened to my mom and so of course my mom got full custody and he got no visitation rights at all. That was the best thing that ever happened to my sister and I!

I wanted to also let you know that in one of your blog posts you had talked about SD's mother. My sperm donor's mother actually had chewed my mom out once because my mom wouldn't bail him out of jail when he got caught with possession of meth. This was right after the cops had to bring my sister and I to my mom's work because they had to arrest him while he was at home with us alone. That was the final straw for her and that night he took all of his stuff and packed in garbage bags and dropped in off on his mothers front lawn. Sperm donor's mother actually thought that my mother was a terrible person for not standing by her man even though he had been jailed numerous times for posession and selling meth, speed... you name it. I think she was hoping my mother would be his saving grace.

Wow.  I guess they don't just "miraculously" become losers.  They have help from enablers in their lives who continually make excuses for them.  So sad.  It is HER problem and not mine.  Just as it was not your mother's problem.

I love, love, love that she dropped off the stuff on his mom's lawn.  He could go running back to his mommy and get sympathy.  She should've bailed her darling boy out of jail!

• WOOOO HOOOOO!    Party!!!Left HugRight HugYesGift  That's the BEST news I have heard in quite a while!  You can finally relax and know that P will be protected.

Merry Christmas!!!  

• That is great news! Very happy for both of you.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • Thats great news, Yay...! YesDrinks
  • Yay!!!  Super happy for you!  Psst...its NEVER too early for wine Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • imageachase123:
    imagemonica93555:

Good for you and your son! That's exactly what happened to my mom and so of course my mom got full custody and he got no visitation rights at all. That was the best thing that ever happened to my sister and I!

Wow.  I guess they don't just "miraculously" become losers.  They have help from enablers in their lives who continually make excuses for them.  So sad.  It is HER problem and not mine.  Just as it was not your mother's problem.

I love, love, love that she dropped off the stuff on his mom's lawn.  He could go running back to his mommy and get sympathy.  She should've bailed her darling boy out of jail!

Oh she did, several times!

From reading your blog I gather that your ex mil must be a clone of my moms ex mil!

• Congrats!!! That's soo awesome!!! Definitely have some wine!! Never too early!
  • Wow!  Lots of great news!  Congrats!
  • Congratulations! That is fabulous news and makes Christmas even better. I hope you have a great one.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • That is awesome!!! Congrats to you!!!
  • I have been reading your blog for the last two months and I just wanted to say Congratulations, you so deserve a Christmas gift like this and I hope that you bring in 2011 with a bang.

Happy Holidays

Photobucket
  • AWESOME! I'm so happy for you and P!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"