January 2011 Moms

My body is just teasing me now!

Last night because of weather it took me almost 1hr 45min to get home from work. The entire car ride I had an uncomfortable contraction. It was almost constant but it let up a little here and there. I brushed it off because I didn't want to be worried about it.

Shortly after I got home I had bad diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI!),felt a little nauseous, and had crampy BH for most of the night. I was starting to get excited that our little one might be wanting to come out, especially with all the talk of the Lunar Eclipse/full moon happening.

The other strange I was feeling was the baby kicking my diaphragm and scratching at my cervix. First time I had ever felt that. Now nothing is going on but movement and I'm more anxious to have this little guy! 

I felt like yesterday was just a big tease! Does anyone ever know when they are "really" in labor? I just want to meet my LO!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: My body is just teasing me now!

• Ya know, I really like what Penny Simkin  says in the labor book  The Birth Partner-that it's not productive to call these contractions 'false' or Braxton Hicks and discourage the mom. Really, everything you experienced is a good sign that your body is going into labor soon-prelabor signs are progress! So hang in there and remember that, even if the main event hasn't begun just yet :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • This is my first time so I don't "know" but from what I've read/heard, you'll have similar feelings but they get time-able, more painful, and closer together to the point of not being able to talk through contractions.  From what people have told me, you'll definitely know the difference between false and real labor once you feel real labor.  Plus it won't stop on its own.  I've been feeling like you off and on for over a week now.  We are just getting ready to go. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • you may not want to get too excited...i've been experiencing the same thing for close to 2 weeks now & don't think he's given me any sign that he's coming REALLY soon. for me it seems to come & go in waves, nothing's stayed really consistant. my dr's told me twice now that she doesn't think i'll make it to my due date but she has absolutely NOTHING to base that on, i've declined internals since 36wks so she & i have no clue if i'm dilated, effaced, etc. she's just making assumptions. they'll come when they're good & ready, hang in there, you're in the home stretch.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I second that. Whenever I walk around I get a lot of contractions. We started timing them on Sunday and they were exactly 3 minutes apart. They aren't very strong but it always makes you wonder if they will pick up.  I'm guessing I have at least 3 weeks left though.  3 more weeks of contractions could get a bit annoying!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageizzourclue:
    This is my first time so I don't "know" but from what I've read/heard, you'll have similar feelings but they get time-able, more painful, and closer together to the point of not being able to talk through contractions.  From what people have told me, you'll definitely know the difference between false and real labor once you feel real labor.  Plus it won't stop on its own.  I've been feeling like you off and on for over a week now.  We are just getting ready to go. 

This. I dont think contractions just dissapear, when you have them constantly meaning every 5 min lasting 1 min, get your stuff and drive to the hospital, my pregnancy teacher mentioned if you live rather far from the hospital leave the house when contractions are 7 min apart.

• Ditto to everything. Any time I wake up to pee my stomach is hard as a rock. I have had on and off menstrual type crampiness for days. The stomach hardening thing is somewhat timeable, but not painful, just uncomfortable. My stomach is not happy as well. When this all started last Friday I thought for sure "this is it". Here we are at Tuesday...
  • The last few nights I've been having quite a few contractions, nothing timeable yet for me, but they are getting a bit uncomfortable. They are worse when I'm sitting, so when we had a 2 hour car ride Saturday night, i was miserable! And contractions in the car are way worse than contraction on the sofa or birthing ball. Makes me want to stay close to home and not drive back and forth to our family this weekend and next.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • imageSouthMinnieAppleMama:

Last night because of weather it took me almost 1hr 45min to get home from work. The entire car ride I had an uncomfortable contraction. It was almost constant but it let up a little here and there. I brushed it off because I didn't want to be worried about it.

Shortly after I got home I had bad diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI!),felt a little nauseous, and had crampy BH for most of the night. I was starting to get excited that our little one might be wanting to come out, especially with all the talk of the Lunar Eclipse/full moon happening.

The other strange I was feeling was the baby kicking my diaphragm and scratching at my cervix. First time I had ever felt that. Now nothing is going on but movement and I'm more anxious to have this little guy! 

I felt like yesterday was just a big tease! Does anyone ever know when they are "really" in labor? I just want to meet my LO!

OMG, this was me exactly last night! I woke up at 2am with horrible contractions that started in my back and had bad diarrhea followed by nausea. It lasted an hour and I for sure thought we would be headed to the hospital last night! After an hour it all went away. I had a feeling of slight cramping and then I fell asleep and woke up fine. I was so frustrated!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"